Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Coaching contracts/OL dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=426626)

kingsword82 07-15-2010 02:04 PM

Coaching contracts/OL dynasty

About to start an OL dynasty with several friends and we are trying to set up ground rules for coaching changes, tenure, etc.

Does anyone know how the coaching contracts and job offers work in the online dynasty? For example, can I have job offers in my 2nd year of a 3 year contract? That's just one example, anything else is appreciated.

choadler 07-15-2010 02:06 PM

Re: Coaching contracts/OL dynasty

I thought the coaching contracts were disabled in Online dynasties.

joejccva71 07-15-2010 02:08 PM

Coaching contracts feature is not enabled in online dynasty. Nor can you get conference invites either.

tef 07-15-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2041324504)
Coaching contracts feature is not enabled in online dynasty. Nor can you get conference invites either.

So what happens if you fail to meet the team goals?

kingsword82 07-15-2010 02:15 PM

Aghhhh. Yea I knew about the conference invites. Didn't know that about the contracts not being in. Ok, so you guys know if there are job offers at all in OL dynasty?

PocketScout 07-15-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsword82 (Post 2041324567)
Aghhhh. Yea I knew about the conference invites. Didn't know that about the contracts not being in. Ok, so you guys know if there are job offers at all in OL dynasty?

Ive simmed through 2 seasons on my online dynasty and no offers. This does not mean they are not in but it doesn't appear that they are. Because of this I have started development on an addition of PocketScout College Football. It is called Coaching Contract. In it at the end of each season you enter some info and it will determine how successful your season was and determine if you need to be fired, put on the hot seat for next year of offered a job with a new school.

dreezymac 07-15-2010 02:21 PM

So has anyone tried to implement their own coaching contract rules/guidelines in OD?

kingsword82 07-15-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketScout (Post 2041324609)
Ive simmed through 2 seasons on my online dynasty and no offers. This does not mean they are not in but it doesn't appear that they are. Because of this I have started development on an addition of PocketScout College Football. It is called Coaching Contract. In it at the end of each season you enter some info and it will determine how successful your season was and determine if you need to be fired, put on the hot seat for next year of offered a job with a new school.

Very nice pocketscout! Any clue to when it will go live?

Can anyone confirm whether job offers exist in OL dynasty? My concern is being stuck with the same school for the length of our dynasty and we are starting out with a pool draw of the bottom 25 teams.