Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Preplay Button Menu (/forums/showthread.php?t=426662)

FedExPope 07-15-2010 03:01 PM

Preplay Button Menu

In the demo there was a preplay button menu that came up that showed you what button does what...and when you'd audible it would show you the plays you could audible to, and what routes you could hot route, etc. Only in the retail version, I don't get any of that. When I press to audible the menu says 'press B to cancel' but that's it. I don't know what I'm audibleing to, can't see the routes to hot route, the only thing I get is on defense, when I press the left trigger, it shows me what I can do with each direction of the right stick. Anyone know how I get the preplay hints to show up?

I have show play art off, and don't get the menus with it on either.

And while I'm talking about missing features, I was under the impression (from reviews) that the right stick made the ball carrier lean in a particular direction, and the left stick handled all the juking and such. Well, when I play, yes I can manipulate the left stick, but I am also able to juke with the right stick. I don't see a setting for dual stick controls anywhere...was I mislead by reviews?

went ahead and loaded some pics because I cba to explain it very well in words, lol...

Defense

Offense

laxman490 07-15-2010 03:10 PM

Re: Preplay Button Menu

i asked the same question...press the R stick to bring up the presnap menus.

not sure about the dual stick, i was kinda wondering the same thing.

Catamount53 07-15-2010 04:01 PM

To lean you have to push the right stick foward and left or right. Moving the right stick left or right just makes the player juke. Moving it back makes the player slow down/ gather. Moving it back and in a half circle makes them spin.

That's all I know about the dual stick controls it's just something that you have to take into offense only practice mode and play around with.

braveseddie 07-15-2010 06:45 PM

If you change any of your controls, all the menus get scrapped IIRC. It used to be that the audible names would still come up, but it looks like those go away this year. A shame because I always change some of the default controls(stiff arm should be a trigger haha), hope that helps.

Outkizast 07-15-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braveseddie (Post 2041326539)
If you change any of your controls, all the menus get scrapped IIRC. It used to be that the audible names would still come up, but it looks like those go away this year. A shame because I always change some of the default controls(stiff arm should be a trigger haha), hope that helps.

Ooooh can I map the stiff arm to R? That would be GREAT... I am always torn between using the right stick or the face buttons when running because I like to stiff-arm... If I could keep my thumb on the right-stick and also be on R for a stiff arm, that would be tremendous...