Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Online Franchise Cost Money for Commish? (/forums/showthread.php?t=426938)

at23steelers 07-16-2010 12:20 AM

Online Franchise Cost Money for Commish?

Now, I know this relates to NCAA and is negative, but I hope I don't get banned for this:

PastaPadre tweets: "Damn, EA is charging you to be a commish of multiple online dynasties? $10 to commish 3 and $15 to commish 5. That is just an embarrassment."

Do you think they will do the same thing for Madden? Also, I always respected the commishes for putting in all the hard work, but now I think it will be harder to find a commish, that will be willing to shell out money to be one. Seems almost like they are punishing people for trying to start up leagues.

http://http://www.pastapadre.com/201...e-top-with-dlc

nhiverson 07-16-2010 12:25 AM

Re: Online Franchise Cost Money for Commish?

Never tried online franchise last year but dang that's pretty steep to just be one hopefully madden doesn't charge to do it.

Nev 07-16-2010 04:06 AM

This is a pretty low blow, even for EA. But, nothing has been done to the Madden OF this year so it would be an even bigger shock if they did it.

TBH though I dont even know anybody who runs more than one franchise. 1 well run franchise takes up time to run but 3 or even 5 would be something else.

HittinAgenda 07-16-2010 09:11 AM

I serve as commissioner for 3 leagues right now though 2 of those are practice leagues that are set up with the same rosters (drafted players included) as their sister leagues. If EA starts charging for multiple OFs, then it further limits the mode's usability. It's often helpful to promote other users to commish status for various reasons, which won't be as likely to happen if commish's are being charged.

If EA moves forward with this idea, it's going to just be more justification to eliminate the mode altogether next year IMO.

PlatooN 07-16-2010 09:31 AM

my apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered, have they added a salary system to OF yet? i vaguely remember someone at EA saying it could be added server side.....last year.

jmurphy31 07-16-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falzon (Post 2041330029)
my apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered, have they added a salary system to OF yet? i vaguely remember someone at EA saying it could be added server side.....last year.

Last I heard no changes were masses to online franchises.

GiantBlue76 07-16-2010 01:48 PM

Just when you think EA couldn't sink further into horrid business practices, they top themselves. If they put half as much work into innovating their football games as they do their consumer gouging practices, we might actually have a quality product to play. :signball:

petersondagreat 07-16-2010 02:00 PM

Next they will want tree fitty (3.50) for everytime you use instant replay