Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What game speed gives you the best gameplay? (/forums/showthread.php?t=426997)

ZekeRoberts 07-16-2010 04:07 AM

What game speed gives you the best gameplay?

I like Normal just fine, but I see in the Sliders Forum lots of respected names going with Slow. I liked Slow on Madden, but I also didn't think Normal was too fast there. What are the pro/con tradeoffs to the different speeds as they relate to gameplay? (I didn't post this in Sliders Forum because I think the game plays great out of the box, but if this needs to be moved there then so be it).

JerzeyReign 07-16-2010 04:13 AM

Re: What game speed gives you the best gameplay?

Slow is perfect for me. It helps you set up your blocking (Auto Sprint Off) and also gives you a split second longer to try to read the play on defense. Normal is good but slow is just a little better for me.

Mtneer08 07-16-2010 04:46 AM

It took me several games to get used to very slow but now Im loving it. The animations are so much more smooth and the passing game feels a lot better.

ZekeRoberts 07-16-2010 01:52 PM

I tried Slow last night and I really didn't notice that much of a difference... on Normal i feel like you have a pretty short window to zip your pass in to an open receiver and i kinda like that... are you saying passing is easier on very slow?

BenGerman 07-16-2010 02:00 PM

As of right now, I'm really digging slow. But I can play on normal as well.

bartolet7 07-16-2010 02:21 PM

I like slow. Actually, I don't feel a whole lot of difference between that and normal but blazoid game speed was one of my biggest gripes about '10, so slow feels just right this year.

BadAssHskr 07-16-2010 02:27 PM

I've been using Very Slow. Actually, I've been floating back and forth between Slow and VS.

I don't know why i'm so fascinated with it, but Madden 10 got me hooked.

ShadowMunkey 07-16-2010 02:28 PM

I think that normal is good, IMO slow is too slow. But to each his own.