Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What is Consecutive Tackling? (/forums/showthread.php?t=427009)

blklightning 07-16-2010 06:01 AM

What is Consecutive Tackling?

what is it, and why do people want it so much? i thought it was "broken tackle, broken tackle, tackle." but that can't be it, because all madden games have this. so what gives?

MrSkagTrendy 07-16-2010 06:31 AM

Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

I think it may be gang tackling. Right now, as soon as one player is engaged the rest just bounce off and don't have any effect on the play

strickzilla 07-16-2010 06:36 AM

i think and if i may refer to one of Apex's videos is when a runner is hit by the 1st tackler and a 2nd tackler comes in....at this point in Madden unless you hit the pile just right and trigger "pro-tak" additional defenders will kinda bounce off the pile.

in other games after the 1st hit the next tackler will hit the pile and move it or her can even knock off the 1st tackler.

the point i THINK is that once the 1st animation (read tackle) is triggered you cant do anything until the animation is done.

Dog 07-16-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blklightning (Post 2041329558)
what is it, and why do people want it so much? i thought it was "broken tackle, broken tackle, tackle." but that can't be it, because all madden games have this. so what gives?

i believe it is like a double hit, like one guy hits the guy from the left and a split second later he gets hit from the right, instead of being locked into single player tackles or generic 2 player tackles.. just what i think at least

GoEagles614 07-16-2010 07:25 AM

Or like in Madden when you go for someones legs, or someone is falling foreward a 2nd or 3rd guy should be able to hitstick him and stop his progress.

RGiles36 07-16-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strickzilla (Post 2041329605)
if i may refer to one of Apex's videos...

Yeah, it's one of those catch-phrases that Apex has used that has 'caught-on' so to speak. Not to say there's no merit in what is being requested...I just don't see how people take what he says as the gospel truth i.e. "tron jogging" and any other phrase he's coined.

lofeazy 07-16-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strickzilla (Post 2041329605)
i think and if i may refer to one of Apex's videos is when a runner is hit by the 1st tackler and a 2nd tackler comes in....at this point in Madden unless you hit the pile just right and trigger "pro-tak" additional defenders will kinda bounce off the pile.

in other games after the 1st hit the next tackler will hit the pile and move it or her can even knock off the 1st tackler.

the point i THINK is that once the 1st animation (read tackle) is triggered you cant do anything until the animation is done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan (Post 2041329606)
i believe it is like a double hit, like one guy hits the guy from the left and a split second later he gets hit from the right, instead of being locked into single player tackles or generic 2 player tackles.. just what i think at least

These two pretty much summed it up.You see consecutive tackling in other football games 2k5,2k8,BB.

madchuck4 07-16-2010 10:53 AM

lets not talk about Apex please.