Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN? (/forums/showthread.php?t=42744)

jjoe 07-22-2003 08:37 PM

Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

I'm not a huge pro football gamer (I like the college game), but I'm considering giving it a shot this year. Just curious, for those who like (or don't like) Madden, why is it better (or worse) than ESPN? Seems to me like the graphics weren't as good as 2k3 last year (all players with big heads). Chime in.

mike62474 07-22-2003 08:40 PM

Re: Why Is Madden Better or Worse Than ESPN?

In my opinion, Madden simulates football as well as HH simulates baseball. ESPN just doesn't have the simulation aspect down.

soxfan2525 07-22-2003 09:27 PM

mike must have never played 2k3. sega perfectly depicts an nfl game with stadium atmosphere and completely polished gameplay however madden is great too. ESPN will obviuosly have ESPN presentation as well as weekly wrap up and nfl countdownif u like anythiing ESPN this game wont let u down but either way u will like both games.

soxfan2525 07-22-2003 09:29 PM

also if u have gotten ncaa 2004 this yr then i wud say u maywant espn for a change of gameplay where ncaa and madden are very similar but do have their differences

Flyboy 07-22-2003 09:32 PM

The only reason I buy Madden every year is simple: Franchise Mode. Hands down, that is what addicts me to the game. Throw in the added Owner Mode this year, and I'm there. BUT, I do find Madden to be VERY overrated. It's gameplay just doesn't do it for me. 2K3's gameplay blew Madden's out of the water. Over the last three installments (2001, 2002, 2003), I felt like I was playing the exact same game with updated rosters. I buy Madden for Franchise mode and this year I'll buy it to import my draft class in NCAA Football 2004 into it. Other than that, it serves no purpose for me. EPSN simply owns it when it comes to gameplay and presentation.

Perceptor 07-23-2003 02:10 AM

It's hard to call ESPN and Madden. Last year, I bought Madden so I could import my NCAA draft classes too but I enjoyed the gameplay of 2K3 and graphics better. However, the Sega Franchise mode, while looking great, had a lack of player progression which did bother a lot of people and Madden's franchise mode overall was a little more polished than Sega. I am still buying both games this year and I am looking forward to Madden 2004's owner mode :)

mike62474 07-23-2003 06:40 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
soxfan2525 said:
mike must have never played 2k3. sega perfectly depicts an nfl game with stadium atmosphere and completely polished gameplay however madden is great too. ESPN will obviuosly have ESPN presentation as well as weekly wrap up and nfl countdownif u like anythiing ESPN this game wont let u down but either way u will like both games.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I had both last year, after a month with each I stuck with Madden. Something about 2k just doesn't do it for me.

soxfan2525 07-23-2003 10:33 AM

Maddens franchise wont have much that ESPN doesnt this year ESPN did a lot of work to their franchise and it is really deep