Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why do we have to wait 20 minutes... (/forums/showthread.php?t=427694)

mavfan21 07-18-2010 01:06 AM

Why do we have to wait 20 minutes...

To advance in online dynasty?? I am playing alone in an online dynasty and I did my recruiting and simmed my game, why do I have to wait 20 minutes?

Solidice 07-18-2010 01:20 AM

Re: Why do we have to wait 20 minutes...

I Imagine there was a huge load on the dynasty server, so to help alleviate the load they made a delay on the updating of the dynasties.

mavfan21 07-18-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2041338809)
I Imagine there was a huge load on the dynasty server, so to help alleviate the load they made a delay on the updating of the dynasties.

So you think it may be temporary? If it is going to take 40 minutes just to get through players leaving and transfer requests every off-season that's going to be a beating.

RazorbackJAC 07-18-2010 01:31 AM

i REALLY hope they fix this with a patch ... talk about a momentum killer. we're waiting 18 more minutes as I type this. We wanted to make it through the whole offseason in less than an hour but now it's going to take SEVERAL hours. WTF EA?

our OD will not make it very long with this BS ....

Bcat513 07-18-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorbackJAC (Post 2041338835)
i REALLY hope they fix this with a patch ... talk about a momentum killer. we're waiting 18 more minutes as I type this. We wanted to make it through the whole offseason in less than an hour but now it's going to take SEVERAL hours. WTF EA?

Same here. We are trying to get this off season done tonight but it looks like it's not going to happen.

i3man 07-18-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorbackJAC (Post 2041338835)

They won't fix it because that's the way it is. Online franchise in Madden was 30 minutes between weekly advances.

Kolbeck10 07-18-2010 01:59 AM

The idea behind the delay is to keep commishs from blazing through a season when people aren't around.

boritter 07-18-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolbeck10 (Post 2041338920)
The idea behind the delay is to keep commishs from blazing through a season when people aren't around.

Then there should be an option to turn it off if it is a private, 1 person dynasty.

I have been doing the offseason tonight and I had to wait 20 minutes between: players leaving, transfers, 5 recruiting weeks, signing day, position changes. That is 3 hours of waiting! It is a total joke.

I'm assuming I'll have to wait 20 minutes each to redshirt and do depth charts.

If I could convert my dynasty to offline I would, but EA removed that option. I don't want to start a new season because I don't want to throw away all the work/results.

EA, please give us an option to remove the 20 minute wait in private dynasties.