Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ATTN: This game MUST be played on SLOW! But now i got a question? (/forums/showthread.php?t=428131)

NICKx84 07-19-2010 03:00 PM

ATTN: This game MUST be played on SLOW! But now i got a question?

After reading tons of posts on what speed to play on I decided to give slow a try, I really didn't want to mess with this because I see College FB as the faster paced game so I wanted this game to play faster than Madden since I play that on slow as well! To my amazement this game does what I want it to on slow but also makes the overall experience much improved! You can see wholes open up have time to avoid pass rush and find the WR getting separation! But on that last point brings me to my question, I had been playing with Threshold on 25 and Diff set to AA, and b4 I switched to slow I would get competitive but aggravating games against equal opponents, but now I'm dominating with those same settings on Slow! So what do I need to do here move up to Heisman and leave the settings or bump up threshold up? I hear Heisman just flat out cheats and on Default sliders I could compete but struggled to move the ball and was staying in games on BIG plays! Any help here is much appreciated sorry for the long story!

CPT 07-19-2010 03:19 PM

Re: ATTN: This game MUST be played on SLOW! But now i got a question?

I cant say this will work for you since everyone really likes a slightly different game but for me - playing on varsity/slow I put threshold at 60 and adjusted sliders from there......On slow, yes - you can see everything develop but you also have 95spd/95acc guys running 4.6 40's on default. To me that makes it way too slow...pick up a fumble with a lineman with threshold closer to zero and it will take a month for him to attempt to move the ball anywhere....nowadays - those big lineman are not that slow - this is why I bumped up "thresh" to 60. For me....it gives me a better game and yes, I still get big plays....just my $.02

NICKx84 07-19-2010 08:41 PM

Re: ATTN: This game MUST be played on SLOW! But now i got a question?

did have threshold @ 25 so bumped it to 30 and now its a lot more balanced! can 5 threshold points make that big a difference?