Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL Soundtracks Bring Home the Authentic Arena Hockey Experience (/forums/showthread.php?t=428201)

Bama83 07-26-2010 11:50 AM

Re: NHL Soundtracks Bring Home the Authentic Arena Hockey Experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramenite (Post 2041372590)
Actually, an arena will pay a royalty to the ASCAP just like a restaurant or bar would for public performance and playback of songs. And it isn't cheap. That licensing doesn't really apply for a game, because it would be distribution, which is an RIAA thing.

I have been in contact with many of the DJs for the NHL. They say it's royalty free and a lot of them barely even keep legitimate logs of what was played and even if they do, it's not necessarily correct.

ChiTownKid 07-26-2010 04:56 PM

360 users: Those of you upset over Chelsea Dagger, just do what I did. Find the song (check playlist.com), download and install Audacity (free audio editing program), make several nice loops of the celebration part, burn it to a cd, and import it to your 360. The whole process should take you less than an hour.

ramenite 07-26-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bama83 (Post 2041376884)
I have been in contact with many of the DJs for the NHL. They say it's royalty free and a lot of them barely even keep legitimate logs of what was played and even if they do, it's not necessarily correct.

They don't have to keep records. They don't have to pay. For instance, if a cover band plays a local pub, it's the pub that pays, not the band. The pub pays for the rights of the band to perform music that's under a license from the ASCAP. A DJ won't have to pay the license either, it's the venue.

And trust me, the arena pays the ASCAP. Everyone pays them, they are the music Gestapos. If you even have a store that plays music on a radio, expect a visit. They want their two pounds of flesh.

duckfever8 07-27-2010 03:12 AM

Seriously, where is Song 2 by Blur? That's played at a bunch of arenas. You know the song that goes woo-hoo? Not a bad soundtrack, but I'm not really into metal or anything, hip hop's where it's at, but this soundtrack isn't that bad. They have Pantera, which makes any soundtrack plain awesome.

ramenite 07-27-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckfever8 (Post 2041381036)
Seriously, where is Song 2 by Blur? That's played at a bunch of arenas. You know the song that goes woo-hoo? Not a bad soundtrack, but I'm not really into metal or anything, hip hop's where it's at, but this soundtrack isn't that bad. They have Pantera, which makes any soundtrack plain awesome.

It used to be the opening song in FIFA 98.

MizzouRah 07-27-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckfever8 (Post 2041381036)

Yeah, that's the one song you hear EVERYWHERE. I might have to add it.