Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2) (/forums/showthread.php?t=428207)

jls0329 07-19-2010 07:03 PM

Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2)

Has anyone noticed a few things that the current gen of NCAA is missing? I have. One of the biggest things missing is sideline coaches. I really think that in the past it was neat to rename a coach the real coaches name, for example (ECU Coach ---> Ruffin McNiell). You could customize what the coach looked like as well as his name. I also still rant about ECU missing the purple smoke. Great Miami has white smoke but we have had better seasons the past two years and we still get shafted (Miami '09 9-4 '08 7-6) (ECU '09 9-5 '08 9-5 and Back to back C-USA champs) Where is our smoke at?? (Ours is purple aka Purple Haze) .I also miss the rivalry mode. In this mode you could go to the automatic rivarly without having to search for schools and match the teams up. This was just a quick option for those that like to collect the trophies.

TN - BRAVES FAN 07-19-2010 08:07 PM

Re: Past Gen bring backs (orig. xbox, ps2)

I miss seing the coaches a lot...I liked creating myself as a coach..and also liked creating my high school coach...it was awesome seeing the high school coach on the sideline cause it looked just like him

BooShay 07-19-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jls0329 (Post 2041346738)
Has anyone noticed a few things that the current gen of NCAA is missing? I have. One of the biggest things missing is sideline coaches. I really think that in the past it was neat to rename a coach the real coaches name, for example (ECU Coach ---> Ruffin McNiell). You could customize what the coach looked like as well as his name. I also still rant about ECU missing the purple smoke. Great Miami has white smoke but we have had better seasons the past two years and we still get shafted (Miami '09 9-4 '08 7-6) (ECU '09 9-5 '08 9-5 and Back to back C-USA champs) Where is our smoke at?? (Ours is purple aka Purple Haze) .I also miss the rivalry mode. In this mode you could go to the automatic rivarly without having to search for schools and match the teams up. This was just a quick option for those that like to collect the trophies.

You cant be serious, your argument ends with the words C-USA

tehova 07-19-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jls0329 (Post 2041346738)

I will co-sign this post as an ECU Alum disappointed the smoke didnt make it in

rynecandy 07-19-2010 08:20 PM

I just want them to put random team back....didn't they just have it in last year? I liked it better when the recruits would just wear a plain green helmet and when they committed, it would turn into the teams helmet. There aren't enough faces and they get very repetitive. I understand they might be trying to show off the realism of the characters but they are too repetitive IMO.

andy112382 07-19-2010 10:12 PM

You can change the name of the coaches, at least in Dynasty mode. I went through and renamed all of the SEC coaches to be correct, though, it would be nice to maybe edit them.

bobeureally27 07-19-2010 11:00 PM

Before we talk about presentation, how about bringing back medical redshirts and player discipline?

druski_2k5 07-19-2010 11:05 PM

Bring back:

-User/jump catch for offense and defense, and jump swat
-Next gen graphics, features, recruiting, with last gen game-play, sprinkled in with real time physics and correct blocking patterns like in NCAA 11.
-Spring game
-Summer drills for dynasty, but more in depth, have more of an effect for dynasty and progression, really spend some time doing drills to better your team.
-Be able to see an opponents recent history of online games played before you play them.
-See your online opponents favorite playbook, run/pass percentage, favorite play, favorite formation, etc., all those stats and facts that made online play on last gen so awesome.
-The option was so smooth on last gen, it doesn't feel as smooth on next gen.
-Videos of your favorite team, a la NCAA 06 highlight videos