Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   ESPN Online Features for the PS2 Questions? (/forums/showthread.php?t=42824)

wco81 07-23-2003 08:45 AM

ESPN Online Features for the PS2 Questions?

For me, online leagues in ESPN is more important than the First Person Football or Crib Mode. But some questions about the PS2 online features:

1. Any more specific info. about the online leagues? (can you use custom rosters reflecting trades and FA pickups? Are the league standings and schedules tracked? Can they be viewed on a web site?)

2. Updated rosters supported for online play?

3. Custom rosters for online play?

4. Custom plays or playbooks in online play?

5. Status of headset support for PS2?

backbreaker 07-23-2003 10:35 AM

Re: ESPN Online Features for the PS2 Questions?

PS2 always had headset support, Socom, and Gameday took advantage of it last year. NCAA2004 uses it now, Sega fact sheet state it will support the headset, far as your other question Greg Thomas didn't go into detail in his interview when it came to online options.

LBzrule 07-23-2003 11:00 AM

1) Don't know about League info
2) Pretty sure YES, this was stated in an earlier interview
3) Don't know about custom rosters
4) Pretty sure YES
5) A definate GO.

wco81 07-23-2003 11:15 AM

Reliable league stat tracking with automated scheduling and standings would be big. Allowing web access to this data would be huge. Essentially replicating the functions of LeagueDaddy.com but automating the data input. This would pretty much give it all the XSN functionality as I understand it.

Also custom rosters online would also give it a huge leg up over Madden, as would custom playbooks. One of the leagues I was in had all these plans to trade players and sign free agents only to find you had to use default rosters.

Now the only problem is that the online following for NFL2K seems to be all Xbox. Maybe the leagues feature will swing some people the other way.