Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Improving my Maryland Terps Dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=428427)

joejccva71 07-20-2010 12:02 PM

Improving my Maryland Terps Dynasty

Question for your fine people.

How many years do you think it would most likely take to improve my Maryland Terps team from a 3 star to a 5 or 6 star? Let's pretend that I'm a decent recruiter, and I do good recruiting talent.

I'm curious to how long it took some of you to change your favorite teams that may have been a 2 or 3 star into a 6 star to the point of where they win and go to bowl games on a regular basis, or even the national championship.

3 seasons? Longer?

MattUMD224 07-20-2010 12:10 PM

Re: Improving my Maryland Terps Dynasty

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2041349910)
Question for your fine people.

How many years do you think it would most likely take to improve my Maryland Terps team from a 3 star to a 5 or 6 star? Let's pretend that I'm a decent recruiter, and I do good recruiting talent.

I'm curious to how long it took some of you to change your favorite teams that may have been a 2 or 3 star into a 6 star to the point of where they win and go to bowl games on a regular basis, or even the national championship.

3 seasons? Longer?

Well the first thing you need to do is allow the Top 10 to 15 players leave states than go after the rest of the players, North Carolina, and Florida players.

I dont play with Maryland with my dynasty but depending on how the team does will determine who the 2nd year coach his. Since Mike Leach was a possible candidate if the Terps do bad than I'm going to bring him and his system into College Park.

cmurr 07-20-2010 12:14 PM

It's all about winning games. Win some big games and go to a BCS bowl every year and you will improve your team status pretty quickly.

joejccva71 07-20-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattUMD224 (Post 2041349938)
Well the first thing you need to do is allow the Top 10 to 15 players leave states than go after the rest of the players, North Carolina, and Florida players.

Matt sorry but I don't know what you mean here. Top 10 to 15 players leave states than go after the rest of the players? Huh? Confused.

MattUMD224 07-20-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2041350123)
Matt sorry but I don't know what you mean here. Top 10 to 15 players leave states than go after the rest of the players? Huh? Confused.

Oh, I was just saying if you wanna be realistic you first have to let the Top 10 players of Maryland leave state like they do every year.

joejccva71 07-20-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattUMD224 (Post 2041350133)
Oh, I was just saying if you wanna be realistic you first have to let the Top 10 players of Maryland leave state like they do every year.

Oh LOL. Ok, but seriously...any other tips? :)

MattUMD224 07-20-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva71 (Post 2041350142)
Oh LOL. Ok, but seriously...any other tips? :)

Well it all starts with Recruiting. I would lock down VA and NC *** pipeline states. Become a run-oriented team with the players we have. And do a 4-2-5 Defense. Linebackers aren't the best after this year losing Wujiack and Moten.

I would schedule WVU to renew the rivalry.

With Maryland it should take around 4+ years to build in real life. Last year was a bad year for us an we usually are able to put up fights.

Fntsyfbgod 07-20-2010 01:15 PM

In years past with Kentucky it usually takes me 4-5 years to contend for a national title. This year may be different.

Kentucky also starts at a 3 star. First 2 years I go 9-4 give or take which wouldnt be unreasonable for Kentucky these days. That will get me to 4 star then I have a big year hopefully go to a BCS game and go to 5 star. To get to 6 star in years past you had to about win a national title or get to the title game. I think I won most of my first national titles while my teams was at the 5 star level.