Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Comeback code?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=428467)

bowld 07-20-2010 02:14 PM

Comeback code??

anyone else experiencing this?

My last 4 online games I got up to big leads and ended up blowing the game in the final minute.

anyone else seeing this happen alot or do I just suck?

this game drives me nuts! For the past 5 years I won about 90% of online games..now with this game I'm only winning like 40%..pissing me off! LOL..every time i get up big and think im finally getting back into form, i end up screwing up and losing.

franch1se 07-20-2010 02:20 PM

Re: Comeback code??

if its online then no, you are playing another person so comeback code most likely doesn't exist. If it was you getting beat in the final 2 minutes every game by the CPU then maybe.

bowld 07-20-2010 02:23 PM

ya i must just suck

DaTwolves21 07-20-2010 02:24 PM

step your game up son

jdefreitas 07-20-2010 02:26 PM

Momentum plays a HUGE factor this year. Once a team scores and the game turns it can get ugly.

Case/point. I just played Clemson in my BC dynasty (week 9) on AA. I was petrified to play this game after VT stomped me at home 0 - 39. I went in and kept pace down 17 - 7 at the half.

I had a big late game drive with under 3 minutes left to make it 14 - 17. Next series they go three and out and I get the ball with slightly under 2 minutes left. Deep ball over the middle taken for 6 on blown coverage (zone) 21 - 17 me.

Next series, first play their QB throws a pick 6, following series... same corner same outcome and before you know it I'm up 35 - 17.

Next series they fumble on the first run (Herzlich hit stick) and I take it for 6. I win 42 - 17 with three defensive scores late in the game with less than two minutes to go.

I couldn't in my wildest of dreams predicted that but you can bet I was jumping up and down on my couch going crazy that I just took 1st place in the ACC (my side) with 4 weeks to go lol. Oh yea... Clemson was 7 - 0 before that game. Made it that much more satisfying haha.

jeremym480 07-20-2010 02:26 PM

Comeback code for user vs. another user game? This can't be serious. Can it?

Also, I had some awesome "user comeback code" in a game I had against the computer last night. I was down 17-0 at the half and came back to score 21 unanswered points in the final half. :)

Rebel10 07-20-2010 02:47 PM

Momentum makes a difference. I was down 21 - 0 against a guy, 28 - 3 at the half, and really put the hurt on in the 2nd half, but could only manage to make it 28 - 24. He was Ohio State, I was Boston College. I was driving for the win at the end but couldn't convert a 4th and goal. I thought for sure I'd take it, but no dice that time. Momentum makes a big difference, and your team will play better off of turnovers (which has seemingly been the case for several years in EA games).