Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Having trouble getting pressure or Sacks on QB (/forums/showthread.php?t=428512)

charlie23 07-20-2010 03:58 PM

Having trouble getting pressure or Sacks on QB

Having a tough time getting pressure.I play with South Carolina and just cant seem to get there with my DE's any tips or maybe im doin something wrong.

filthywater49 07-20-2010 04:00 PM

Re: Having trouble getting pressure or Sacks on QB

One thing that helped me a lot was changing my gameplan to lineman-->aggressive. You get a lot more jumped snaps that way which helps with the pass rush.

QuinnMahoney 07-20-2010 04:04 PM

I think an elite D lineman can get alot of pressure. Daquan Bowers has 5 sacks through nine games, and he is always hitting the Quarterback and causing bad passes. I absolutely love that man.

canes21 07-20-2010 04:05 PM

Try sliders. The default pass rush is always terrible in EA games. Also it doesn't help that the CPU sack logic is messed up. The CPU QB would rather risk an interception instead of a sack. Hopefully they'll patch it like they did in Madden 10.

jdefreitas 07-20-2010 04:09 PM

The best thing to do is to use a DE and a LB together in any given play. For instance set your DE so he is pushing outside of a OT and have the linebacker read which way the OT is blocking, then make the move for the QB with the LB. Or if the DE makes a great move and gets free switch to him and burst to the QB.

If your having trouble with the DE's try the DTs. Some teams get pressure a lot better through the middle with their big guys this year. I know my DT's can shut down the run but also flush the qb out of the pocket very often. This is the best way to get a sack because you fluster the pc and he starts to scramble which allows your DE's and your LB's that are currently blocked to normally pull free.

Hope this helps. I would review your defensive roster and see who has the best pass rushing attributes and use that to your advantage with your blitz scheme.

Senator Palmer 07-20-2010 04:30 PM

Try to get your opponent in 3rd and long and pass committ. Left trigger and up on the right stick will aggressively rush your linemen upfield to collapse the pocket.

charlie23 07-20-2010 04:38 PM

thanks guys