Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shouldn't punters be holders? (/forums/showthread.php?t=428687)

phillysouljah 07-21-2010 12:21 AM

Shouldn't punters be holders?

I haven't really paid that much attention to this, but I don't recall seeing a quarterback as a holder since Tony Romo in that Seattle game. It might still happen, but it seems like punters are usually the holders on field goals and extra points. In Madden, it has always been the #2 QB though.

(I suppose this is to facilitate throws out of fake field goals)

StairwayToHeaven 07-21-2010 12:32 AM

Re: Shouldn't punters be holders?

You are correct, sir. When I saw this thread, I was coming in to say that it's so fake field goal attempts are easier or whatever. But you figured it out. haha

But you're right, for the most part, punters now hold kicks.

PantherBeast_OS 07-21-2010 12:52 AM

Yea that seems kind of odd to me in madden for many years that the second string QB usually holds the snap for the kicker. I wonder why EA haven't never change this. I never thought of this until now.

beastsofboston 07-21-2010 01:23 AM

Ya they should, when I start my franchise I always sub the punter in as the holder.

Noobstur 07-21-2010 01:39 AM

authenticity my as

phillysouljah 07-21-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastsofboston (Post 2041353775)
Ya they should, when I start my franchise I always sub the punter in as the holder.

How? You put him as your #2 QB? Or is it a sub option from the play-calling screen?

jvaccaro 07-21-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysouljah (Post 2041353861)
How? You put him as your #2 QB? Or is it a sub option from the play-calling screen?

he has to put him in at QB2, there's no substitution or specific depth chart category.

I'm hoping they expand the depth chart to include special teams, or at least allow us to make (and save) substitutions in ST formations

MrJerryL 07-21-2010 02:00 PM

Why does it matter? Not like they botch snaps. I'd rather have a qb like vick or white that can run or throw out of that