Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Same Old Defense Issue (/forums/showthread.php?t=428877)

ec22886 07-21-2010 04:15 PM

Same Old Defense Issue

Every year is the same, u control the safety, move him to the line, rush the QA.....9 out of 10 result in hurry/knock down throw, 5 out 10 Sack, as long as u can score, it's an automatic win.....it's the same everyyear....anyone think the same?

HuskAir 07-21-2010 04:17 PM

Re: Same Old Defense Issue

I've found that 9 times out of 10 that I hit the QB, the ball pops out towards the WR as a perfect pass.

SA1NT401 07-21-2010 04:18 PM

playing with default sliders huh?

if your an online only guy...sucks i guess...i have no issues.

dalecooper 07-21-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ec22886 (Post 2041356318)
9 out of 10 result in hurry/knock down throw, 5 out 10 Sack

Your math is perplexing to me. :D

But no I haven't tried this. I manually blitz with a fast linebacker a lot and it's not doing nearly this much damage, the halfback and tight end seem to pick it up quite well. What difficulty level are you on?

Quote:

I've found that 9 times out of 10 that I hit the QB, the ball pops out towards the WR as a perfect pass.
Completely agree with that. I have a thread right now about getting sacks, because I can't get them. The guy slings an amazingly on-point pass out of the side of his head like 80% of the time that I think I've finally got him.

King10Sooted 07-21-2010 04:23 PM

So dont play at the safety and rush the QB every play? Just because there is an easy play doesnt mean you have to exploit it. Play the game realistically and it is a big more rewarding.

scadh 07-21-2010 04:28 PM

I couldn't disagree more. What difficulty level are you playing? What sliders?

Using AA difficulty with SN's sliders (very slightly tweaked), I'm finding almost every aspect of the game to be near-perfect. Stats are the most realistic on both sides of the ball that they have ever been, as far as I'm concerned.

When I rush the QB manually, I always use an OLB and have found that the CPU blocks extremely well. I have gotten 2 or 3 manual sacks in 20+ games. A RB, TE or even unengaged OL almost ALWAYS picks up the blitz.

CPU defenders, both my team and the opponent, get a realistic number of sacks, too. My team probably averages 1-2 per game, with the team leader finishing the season with 6 or 7.