Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Online Dynasty only available for Gold XBox Live? (/forums/showthread.php?t=429406)

GlennN 07-23-2010 10:40 AM

Online Dynasty only available for Gold XBox Live?

I think I made a horrible mistake! I bought NCAA 11 only because I want to use the features of online dynasty (really, the only thing I want is to look at my team and recruit while at work). I only play offline (So I don't have XBox Live Gold membership). I heard you could create an Online Dynasty but just have no other human-controlled teams (rather than just doing a normal Offline Dynasty). When I went to set up my private Online Dynasty, I got a message that I do not have access. I am assuming this is because I don't have Gold Xbox Live? If so, this really sucks. There is no way I would have bought this game otherwise.

GlennN 08-07-2010 10:59 AM

Re: Online Dynasty only available for Gold XBox Live?

No replies to this makes me curious - do all of you offline players have Gold Xbox Live membership, or are none of you folks desiring to use the online dynasty features to make an "offline" online dynasty? I am really bummed that I can't play with my "offline" online dynasty while I am at work. To me, a Gold membership is if you play online, which I don't. I just feel like EA sold me on a lie.

drkfire07 08-07-2010 11:06 AM

EA didn't sell you on a lie. You should have known that aside from patches and free weekends for certain games you need a gold membership to do almost anything online related on xbox. I pretty sure this is blatantly put in the TOU of creating a xbox live profile.

GlennN 08-07-2010 11:18 AM

My understanding (obviously wrong) was that Gold membership was to play games online. I don't play games online. If the advertising (or even the forums or reviews) would have mentioned that one needs to have Gold membership to use ANY aspect of the online dynasty, I would have skipped on NCAA 11. But, what you say is true, I probably should have known better. And, yeah, it was not a "lie." I'm just kinda pissed is all (perhaps at myself).

drkfire07 08-07-2010 04:04 PM

Well you know now. If I could suggest though, there is deal on one of the xbox menus where you can get 3 months of gold for 9.99 as a limited time deal. Otherwise if you don't plan on paying that, I would suggest trading in, craigslist, or ebay if you don't find regular offline to your liking.

JJT 08-07-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennN (Post 2041433839)
My understanding (obviously wrong) was that Gold membership was to play games online. I don't play games online. If the advertising (or even the forums or reviews) would have mentioned that one needs to have Gold membership to use ANY aspect of the online dynasty, I would have skipped on NCAA 11. But, what you say is true, I probably should have known better. And, yeah, it was not a "lie." I'm just kinda pissed is all (perhaps at myself).

I bolded the parts that you should have thought about. Like said above just buy a 3 month or so forth to get your money's worth. :sumo:

bulls23 08-07-2010 04:16 PM

Or you can create a new profile, choose silver membership, and they usually offer you a free month.

drkfire07 08-07-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulls23 (Post 2041434825)
Or you can create a new profile, choose silver membership, and they usually offer you a free month.

Online pass is tied to a profile. It would be more economical to get the limited time $9.99 3 month gold deal.