Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Am i the only one who loves progression and recruiting this year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=430613)

Steroid-Steve-O 07-27-2010 04:37 PM

Am i the only one who loves progression and recruiting this year?

I love how progression and recruiting is done this year, its finally challenging. When i played last year it took me one season to take Syracuse to the national championship game, and 'cuse is flat out bad.

Progression ? People complained last year about how recruits progressed so quickly that it got boring. When it comes to importing the draft classes in Madden 10, by year 2, 20 of the 32 1st rounders were rounding out at 92 - 95 overall. NOW thats annoying.

I salute EA on this years NCAA 11, they finally gave me what ive been wanting. A challenging dynasty.

But hey what do i know, im just the 200lb. roids abuser in the room ..

dalecooper 07-27-2010 04:48 PM

Re: Am i the only one who loves progression and recruiting this year?

I like the hard recruiting. Personally I've been enjoying the hell out of the recruiting part of the game. But I don't like the new recruit ratings or the player progression, for reasons discussed ad infinitum.

rjsuperfly66 07-27-2010 04:50 PM

I like the recruiting difficulty.

I dislike progression.

Its in a better direction, but no chance to have sleeper recruits really takes fun out of taking a chance on a ** player.

vegaas 07-27-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steroid-Steve-O (Post 2041383799)
I love how progression and recruiting is done this year, its finally challenging. When i played last year it took me one season to take Syracuse to the national championship game, and 'cuse is flat out bad.

Progression ? People complained last year about how recruits progressed so quickly that it got boring. When it comes to importing the draft classes in Madden 10, by year 2, 20 of the 32 1st rounders were rounding out at 92 - 95 overall. NOW thats annoying.

I salute EA on this years NCAA 11, they finally gave me what ive been wanting. A challenging dynasty.

But hey what do i know, im just the 200lb. roids abuser in the room ..

I dont know why anyone wouldnt like the new recruiting, its much improved and provides a challenge that makes you use a bit more strategy. I dont think this is what people are complaining about.

The problems are player AWR, cpu roster management and kickers.

JayhawkerStL 07-27-2010 05:03 PM

I like how recruiting is handled in the game. I hate how poorly CPU teams recruit in order to fill out their rosters.

I like that you cannot draft a team of studs in year or two. I hate that I am competing against an entire NCAA field that I can count on getting persuasively worse.

There is absolutely no point in me spending the hours in the recruiting meta game if the rest of the teams I play have rosters with too many of some positions, and not enough of others. I don't ant to play out several seasons, if the average team can't field a kicker that make even 60% of his XP's, let alone competent make average length FG's.

This notion that that dynasty mode is not broke, that is is supposed to be like this, is pure delusion. I like how the system is supposed to work. I love it, really. But there is no payoff when the AI controlling CPU teams blows it as bad as it does.

You have to play this game without looking at your opponents rosters, and ignoring the just how poorly ratted the top teams are each season in order to enjoy the game. Maybe some of you can do that. I just can't.

SA1NT401 07-27-2010 05:18 PM

Yeah, there is no way they planned dynasty to go this route....

I have no plans on going past yr 4 or 5...No due to progression, but because that is just not what i do.

I take a middle of the road team and try and get them to a NC in 3-4 yrs....If it doesnt happen or i am close i go 1 more year. If i get fired, i restart anew dynasty from scratch.

I just dont have the time to put into dynasty mode like i used to. So i guess what i am saying is that dynasty issues dont really effect me, but it should be looked at and fixed.

TDTGodfather 07-27-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalecooper (Post 2041383868)
I like the hard recruiting. Personally I've been enjoying the hell out of the recruiting part of the game. But I don't like the new recruit ratings or the player progression, for reasons discussed ad infinitum.

i agree with this.

kmaxhokie 07-27-2010 05:42 PM

I love both the progression and the recruiting.

What needs to be done as many people have mentioned is that they need more 2 and 3 star recruits and less 1 star recruits and have these recruits come in rated higher. That will give teams higher ratings instead of D and D+ overall ratings. There should also be a low cap in ratings so there aren't any more recruits that are as good as walk-ons. Also if AWR and other ratings go up more as freshman become seniors than problems will be solved. I feel that a progression of 1 to 5 points overall a year is about perfect. Anything else will result in to many great players. They just need to tweak certain things that have been mentioned IMO.