Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11? (/forums/showthread.php?t=430857)

ODogg 07-28-2010 01:54 PM

Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

I see a lot of people who seem to be pretty fed up with this strategy pad. I won't get into debating about it's merits or what, I just wanted to get a quick poll on whether you think this may keep you from actually purchasing the final product or not?

Skyboxer 07-28-2010 01:57 PM

Re: Will the new Strategy Pad possibly keep you from buying Madden 11?

Of course not...

If the God awful transistion animations, warping and terrible announcing wasn't stopping me then how the H E double hockey sticks would the strategy pad stop me. Much more worse things in Madden that the SP..
But yeah the SP should have been an option not a full change over.

Poll should have said YES and NO. Not the grey "May not" answer. That's to easy a cop out. I also would have made the poll public. Blind polls like this are too "Sketchy" at best.

ryan36 07-28-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2041388192)
Of course not...

If the God awful animations, warping and terrible announcing wasn't stopping me then how the he double hockey sticks would the strategy pad stop me. Much more worse things in Madden that the SP

Lol, yeah, it's not a gamekiller for me , I just want to play football. Except for the PA pass constantly gettin' me sacked, I'm more concerned about too much O

Spin 07-28-2010 02:00 PM

no not the pad, but the boring gameplay, animations and announcing will.

ODogg 07-28-2010 02:01 PM

You know the irony of this is that EA implemented it to help cut down on cheesing and glitchers, because folks were complaining that kept them from going online. But since I've played the demo I'm thinking now "no way in heck do I go online, I would get murdered..". So the intention was good I guess but the outcome is the opposite of what they desired. Well at least for me anyways.

ODogg 07-28-2010 02:02 PM

Skyboxer - I put "may" in there because I think people just got the demo and may not be 100% decided. I myself am undecided. I have the game on order but am considering canceling it.

KensaiKatai 07-28-2010 02:04 PM

This may be sad to a great many of you :),...but...As of this point, this is the predominant factor keeping me from a day 1 purchase. :(

Skyboxer 07-28-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2041388223)
Skyboxer - I put "may" in there because I think people just got the demo and may not be 100% decided. I myself am undecided. I have the game on order but am considering canceling it.

Ahhhh Gotcha.
Unless they put a Cowboy on the front cover I'm getting it.