Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   DDE-Madden Too? (/forums/showthread.php?t=43110)

CM1847 07-24-2003 07:04 PM

DDE-Madden Too?

Got an old xbox and I just recently have been getting some DDE's with NCAA 2004. I'm just wondering if this is going to be a problem with Madden 2004 as well. I may be able to stand it every now and then if it's only on NCAA, but if it's a problem on all EA games(mainly Madden) I am going to seriously consider trading in my xbox and getting a new one. I've never had a single problem with any other game by the way, only NCAA 2003/2004, but I didn't own Madden 2003, so I'm not sure.

On a related note, I know a few people said they have done this before, does EB ask questions when you are trading in an xbox for another xbox? I don't really want to go there and have them not accept it cause they think the old one is broken or something.

Thanks to anyone who can help answer either of my questions.

Bacardi151 07-24-2003 07:19 PM

Re: DDE-Madden Too?

moving this to madden forum, since it is a madden question.

CM1847 07-24-2003 07:35 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Bacardi151 said:
moving this to madden forum, since it is a madden question.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Sorry, just used to posting in the NCAA board I didn't even think to put it here

HitDoctor 07-24-2003 08:59 PM

Yes it will be a problem untill you send it to xbox for repair. they completely fixed my one box and the other was replaced with a refurbished one. Have not had a problem since. the extended warranty is completely worth it.

DXZeke 07-24-2003 11:50 PM

It could be a problem, but you never know until you have the game. It just seems every year that NCAA has some kind of problem... be it for the PS2 or the Xbox... and it's seems like it's always faulty CDs, but now with the Xbox and the older drives having a hard time reading the newer media that games are burned onto.

I'd say, if you've got the cash - do it. You can get an extented warrenty for $30 for 2yrs through EB... it's well worth it to get it cause if you have any problems, period, you'll get another system - no questions asked.
You can also pay $50 for the one through Microsoft... they cover shipping ect for those 2yrs as well.

Just get one of them... it'll save you from this happening again and coughing up more money.

-Zeke

CM1847 07-25-2003 11:42 AM

DXZeke said:
It could be a problem, but you never know until you have the game. It just seems every year that NCAA has some kind of problem... be it for the PS2 or the Xbox... and it's seems like it's always faulty CDs, but now with the Xbox and the older drives having a hard time reading the newer media that games are burned onto.

I'd say, if you've got the cash - do it. You can get an extented warrenty for $30 for 2yrs through EB... it's well worth it to get it cause if you have any problems, period, you'll get another system - no questions asked.
You can also pay $50 for the one through Microsoft... they cover shipping ect for those 2yrs as well.

Just get one of them... it'll save you from this happening again and coughing up more money.

-Zeke

I think I'm gonna wait until I get Madden, if there are problems I will probably go ahead and do it.

The problem with my current xbox is that is was given to me(free) used so there was never really an opportunity to get a warranty. My problems with NCAA seem to be really random and usually happen all at the same time, I'll get a DDE at the start of a game and then again the next time right after i reset and start another game. But then it'll work for a few days with no problem. As long as it stays like that and doesn't happen consistantly, I will probably keep the same box, the cash isn't a problem but there's much more I'd rather do with that $80.

Thanks for the advice.

snivlem 07-25-2003 02:45 PM

I had dde problems last year with ncaa and then played through a couple of seasons on madden and experienced 0 problems.

so it just depends.

GeePee20 07-25-2003 06:02 PM

CM1847 said:
DXZeke said:

-Zeke

I think I'm gonna wait until I get Madden, if there are problems I will probably go ahead and do it.

The problem with my current xbox is that is was given to me(free) used so there was never really an opportunity to get a warranty. My problems with NCAA seem to be really random and usually happen all at the same time, I'll get a DDE at the start of a game and then again the next time right after i reset and start another game. But then it'll work for a few days with no problem. As long as it stays like that and doesn't happen consistantly, I will probably keep the same box, the cash isn't a problem but there's much more I'd rather do with that $80.

Thanks for the advice.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> What's the manufacturing date on your Xbox? You may be able to get a free repair like me.