Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Cryofax's OHPC Slider Set (/forums/showthread.php?t=431628)

Cryofax 07-31-2010 01:28 PM

Cryofax's OHPC Slider Set

These are the sliders currently being used in my OHPC (One Human Per Conference) Dynasty. They are a work in progress but are the result of a lot of previous slider experience, plus ongoing testing with evenly matched teams, mismatched teams, and use in my online dynasty. The goal as always is realism and challenge. They are based largely on my own skill and tendencies so your mileage may vary...

General
Skill ............. All American
Injuries .......... On
Fatigue ........... On
Quarter Length .... 7 minutes
Play Clock ........ On
Game Speed ........ Slow
Speed Threshold ... 25
HFA Effect ........ On
Ice the Kicker .... On

Penalties
Offsides .............. 90 - (I have yet to see an offsides penalty. Even when trying to bait the defense with hard count)

False Start ........... 10 - (Not sure what to do with this one. I never see it EXCEPT when I use the hard count, which is really lame and makes that part of the game useless so I turned it down.)

Holding ............... 50 - (Seems okay)

Facemask .............. 50 - (Seems okay)

Off Pass Inter ........ 90 - (I never see this so I cranked it)

Def Pass Inter ........ 90 - (I never see this so I cranked it)

KR/<acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> Inter ........... 50 - (Haven't had enough experience with this to know if it's high or low)

Clipping .............. 50 - (Seems okay)

Int Grounding ......... 50 - (Seems okay)

Roughing the Passer ... 50 - (Seems okay)

Roughing the Kicker ... 50 - (
Haven't had enough experience with this to know if it's high or low)

Gameplay
QB Accuracy...... Human 40 / 40 CPU
Pass Blocking ...
Human 50 / 50 CPU
WR Catching ..... Human 60 / 60 CPU
RB Ability ...... Human 50 / 55 CPU
Run Blocking ....
Human 45 / 75 CPU
Pass Coverage ...
Human 35 / 35 CPU
Pass Rush .......
Human 50 / 50 CPU
Interceptions ...
Human 50 / 50 CPU
Rush Defense .... Human 45 / 55 CPU
Tackling ........ Human 50 / 50 CPU
FG Power ........
Human 40 / 40 CPU
FG Accuracy ..... Human 40 / 50 CPU
Punt Power ...... Human 40 / 50 CPU
Punt Accuracy ... Human 40 / 50 CPU
KO Power ........ Human 40 / 50 CPU

From the above you can see the main things I am trying to achieve...

Rushing : CPU rushing is Terrible. It is the reason many of their drives stall out and they end up with decent stats but low scores. I turned up their run blocking and RB ability while turning down Human rush defense.

Passing : Although some of you might find passing fine, the defender literally running the receivers route ahead of him is lame. I turned down both human and CPU pass coverage.Turned down pass accuracy for both CPU and Human. Left pass rush and pass blocking alone for now.

Kicking : I turned down punting and kicking just a touch for humans to make it more challenging. This assumes that the EA settings file coming out next week fixes recruiting and kickers no longer miss everything by year 3.

Speed : I can see now why so many people play the game on the SLOW setting. It doesn't feel "slow" at all, but more like real football. The fastest backs in the game just feel unrealistically fast on NORMAL. A Threshold of 25 lets the faster player get some separation from slower ones, but not insanely so. Just enough for you to try and exploit matchups without it being too easy.

Penalities : So far I'm happy with these. I actually saw the CPU get called for PI, I could try a hard count without constant false starts. Others (holding, clipping, roughing etc) seem to be called about right. I still have yet to see a defensive offsides called though.

sl0ppywffls 07-31-2010 03:55 PM

Re: Cryofax's OHPC Slider Set

CPU Rushing is on point now and you could even afford to bump it up a bit more IMO. The only problems i see is that human rushing is now extremely difficult now. I think this is how it felt for CPU rushers on default sliders. In the 3 games i played i only broke 3 or 4 runs for more than 10 yards playing with big ten teams but that's just my opinion on the matter. I also think passing is wayyy to easy now and i feel like its going to be a major problem and abused by some players by just scrambling everywhere until somebody gets open (which works now, at least with the teams i played with). With the bigger teams in the major BCS conferences (haven't tried teams like utah state for ex.) its just way to easy to pass the ball against them in my opinion. I get how lame it is for the CPU DBs to run in front of your wide outs routes, but now i think its just a little too easy to complete passes. I think CPU pass def should be toned up to maybe 35 at least and i know you left pass rush/blocking alone now but both sides could use a little more pressure on the qbs

This is all my opinion, but great job on the sliders especially the cpu rushing now and i actually saw 2 def pass interference calls as well! Penalties are perf. Games definetely do seem and feel more realistic especially with the slow setting and speed threshold improvements

Question though. Did you use these sliders for your BYU game you just played?

Cryofax 07-31-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl0ppywffls (Post 2041402181)
CPU Rushing is on point now and you could even afford to bump it up a bit more IMO.

We'll take a look at the running game stats for the CPU in week 6. I agree its very possible the CPU will receive a little more running game boost.

Quote:

The only problems i see is that human rushing is now extremely difficult now. I think this is how it felt for CPU rushers on default sliders. In the 3 games i played i only broke 3 or 4 runs for more than 10 yards playing with big ten teams but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I broke two long TD runs in one game against USC, but it was mostly "3-yards in a cloud of dust". We'll collect week 6 data and go from there.

Quote:

I also think passing is wayyy to easy now and i feel like its going to be a major problem and abused by some players by just scrambling everywhere until somebody gets open (which works now, at least with the teams i played with). With the bigger teams in the major BCS conferences (haven't tried teams like utah state for ex.) its just way to easy to pass the ball against them in my opinion. I get how lame it is for the CPU DBs to run in front of your wide outs routes, but now i think its just a little too easy to complete passes. I think CPU pass def should be toned up to maybe 35 at least and i know you left pass rush/blocking alone now but both sides could use a little more pressure on the qbs

This was also my concern (passing would be too easy) but I hoped the QB accuracy decrease coupled with a harder human running game and better CPU offense would offset it some. I already feel pressured when I play heh, but I think pumping up the CPU pass defense could work (maybe 35-40). I want to try 25 for one week though. It seemed to me like that was the exact point where the defenders stopped running routes for the WRs. But I could be wrong.

Quote:

This is all my opinion, but great job on the sliders especially the cpu rushing now and i actually saw 2 def pass interference calls as well! Penalties are perf. Games definetely do seem and feel more realistic especially with the slow setting and speed threshold improvements

Question though. Did you use these sliders for your BYU game you just played?

No, those don't go into effect until week 6. That game is an example of why we needed better sliders. As thrilling a game as it was, there's no way D+ Utah State should hold BYU to 3 points. And yeah I find the speed/threshold to be spot on.

Cryofax 08-02-2010 02:18 AM

This slider's initial settings were pretty solid except for a few areas I have tweaked for week 8 of our dynasty.

Firstly some complained the RB was too hard to tackle. I am lowering CPU RB ability form 65 to 60, while upping CPU run blocking from 65 to 70. I am also raising human rush defense from 35 to 40.

I am raising both Human and CPU QB accuracy from 35 to 40. I am still on the fence about the Human/CPU pass defense at 25, but so far it feels pretty good.

Lastly human rushing was just a touch too hard, so I am raising human run blocking from 35 to 40, while lowering CPU rush defense from 65 to 60.

sl0ppywffls 08-02-2010 11:17 AM

Does anyone notice sliders seem to play different in dynasty than in play now? The pass coverage seemed to be better in dynasty than play now and was the perfect amount i thought.

The only thing that concerns me is that i think every team outrushed their opponent in last weeks game if u look at the stats except maybe temple (but they threw for like 250 yards through the air) but you upped cpu run block so we'll see but these sliders are much better than the default

Cryofax 08-02-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl0ppywffls (Post 2041408895)
Does anyone notice sliders seem to play different in dynasty than in play now? The pass coverage seemed to be better in dynasty than play now and was the perfect amount i thought.

The only thing that concerns me is that i think every team outrushed their opponent in last weeks game if u look at the stats except maybe temple (but they threw for like 250 yards through the air) but you upped cpu run block so we'll see but these sliders are much better than the default

The goal is to pump the CPU's running game in a way people find acceptable. Having him break too many tackles is frustrating so I've lowered the RB ability to 60. Although I really don't think it's going lower, I like that the CPU back has some skills. CPU run blocking may go a tick higher if needed. We'll see this coming week. The team rushing average can be misleading, you really need to look at the individual stats of the CPU's running backs, most of which showed marked improvement.

Not sure about the PlayNow vs Dynasty difference.

Cryofax 08-05-2010 04:21 AM

Continuing to tweak these with the help of the great guys in the dynasty. Looking for the right balance. It's interesting how sliders interact. If it's too hard to stop the CPU offense you'll get less possessions of your own, which in turn ends up making your own offense more difficult as your scoring chances become more important.

In this last adjustment I lowered CPU RB ability to 55 and raised CPU blocking to 75, putting the emphasis on improving the CPU running game shifted more toward their blocking than breaking tackles. I am still inclined to leave CPU RB ability at 60 but yards after 1st hit may be a tad high. It all depends on how you want the CPU to get it's yards. Do you prefer having to gang tackle more often, or having your players suctioned by the CPU's blockers more often? Human run defense was increased to 45.

I increased pass defense for both the CPU and Human side to 30, which still alleviates the psychic defenders but makes it a bit harder to pass.

Human run blocking was turned up to 45 while CPU run defense was turned down to 55.

These latest adjustments should keeps things challenging and address a few points brought up by the members. This probably isn't the final set just yet but we're very close now.

rebelins313 08-05-2010 05:09 AM

Some observations of playing with these sliders along with others is that I think you should decrease HUM QB Accuracy and SLIGHTLY decrease HUM WR Catching. The passing game is a little too easy. I can also understand why some people don't like the running game for the CPU as it does turn them into quite the runners but it doesn't bother me nearly as much. Tons of teams don't use run heavy offenses in college football so I think it will be fewer and far between than say a balanced attack or a heavy passing game.