Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   SFL Online Franchise (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Idea for 11 (/forums/showthread.php?t=431680)

dubbduces 07-31-2010 05:32 PM

Idea for 11

Guys, I know that there was some slight rumbling about the playbooks in 10, so I was thinking of a solution and here is what I came up with: How about making playbooks exclusive to one team only and the way to do this and have turnover, is to put a salary on them similar to offensive and defensive coordinator salaries in real life. Have them signed to deals and when the deal is up, open up bidding on them. I don't know how well this would go over, but I thought that it could solve all of the same playbooks game after game in a fair way.

ANDROMADA 1 07-31-2010 06:01 PM

Re: Idea for 11

Interesting idea. I don't agree. We should just let folks keep using the Jets defense and NO offense like they have been doing all along. The only restriction that we should have is once you pick a book you must keep it for the duration of the season. None of this book swapping every other week just b/c you think somebody will "gameplan" against you. Of course its just my opinion ya'll can do whatever you wish to do.

CreatineKasey 07-31-2010 08:56 PM

I was considering something like this. We could just make a section on the spreadsheet to put or O and D books. Making them a commodity is a very possible solution.

Good post.

s38s38s 08-02-2010 03:04 PM

WTF...this whole PB deal is getting kind of silly. Buying/renting a PB...I've already said my piece on this, but it's one of the most unnecessary ideas I've ever seen suggested. So people like similar PB's, did you ever consider that alot of people play the same way.

I said it before it's no PB's that are the problem it's users, plain and simple. (This post was not directed at any specific person)

TheKingOfVa 08-02-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s38s38s (Post 2041410032)
WTF...this whole PB deal is getting kind of silly. Buying/renting a PB...I've already said my piece on this, but it's one of the most unnecessary ideas I've ever seen suggested. So people like similar PB's, did you ever consider that alot of people play the same way.

I said it before it's no PB's that are the problem it's users, plain and simple. (This post was not directed at any specific person)

I agree, There are only so many 3-4 playbooks. What if for example all the 3-4 playbooks were took, then an owner who likes playing the 3-4 style would be forced to play 4-3. It's very unnecessary.

TheShizNo1 08-02-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s38s38s (Post 2041410032)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa (Post 2041410086)
I agree, There are only so many 3-4 playbooks. What if for example all the 3-4 playbooks were took, then an owner who likes playing the 3-4 style would be forced to play 4-3. It's very unnecessary.

I agree. Suck it up and play football gentlemen

TWOSILK 08-02-2010 04:01 PM

if everybody played football we wouldnt be having this discussion now would we?

jyoung 08-02-2010 04:54 PM

The original point of this league was that it was a "NFL" league, not a "Madden" league.

And last time I checked, 95% of the teams in the NFL weren't employing the same offensive/defensive coordinator.

Nor were 95% of NFL teams running a 3-4 based defense.

But from season 3 on, both of those percentages more or less held true in ACQB league games.

That is the reason behind the proposed playbook changes, which without, the 2011 version of the ACQB league will gradually just end up back in the same state that it is now:

just another boring "Madden" league.