Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Please Eliminate the Double CB Blitz and Engage Eight from the Playbooks (/forums/showthread.php?t=431684)

Palo20 07-31-2010 05:47 PM

Please Eliminate the Double CB Blitz and Engage Eight from the Playbooks

These two plays are called WAY too much in both Madden and NCAA and are called almost never in real life. The problem is that they are in every playbook and in every formation set. I see them as often as I see Cover 2 or Cover 3.

Last year in the NFL, the average team brought 7+ blitzers less than 2% of the time and the team leader was at less than 5%.

I've never seen both outside CBs blitz except against special formations like the Wildcat.

Even conservative blitz teams are sending these blitzes regularly. At least in Madden we can change the CPU's gameplans.

Between these two plays and the "Under Smoke" blitz, there are just way too many all out blitzes.
<!-- / message -->

MacCLovin 07-31-2010 05:54 PM

Re: Please Eliminate the Double CB Blitz and Engage Eight from the Playbooks

Who cares that they are there? Don't call them.

If you can't move the ball on offense, call screens/flys/or slants and that will settle things real quick.

And this isn't Madden.

dan_457 07-31-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacCLovin (Post 2041402596)

If you can't move the ball on offense, call screens/flys/or slants and that will settle things real quick.

And this isn't Madden.

The problem isn't humans calling them, it's the cpu. These two playes are practically useless and when the cpu uses over uses them, it reduces the realism and challenge of the game when on every third down, there's a 50% chance that the CPU is going to call engage eight.

Pogo27 07-31-2010 06:05 PM

Lots and lots of this. CPU has 9 men in the box half the game.

Whoman 07-31-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palo20 (Post 2041402581)
At least in Madden we can change the CPU's gameplans.

<!-- / message -->

Actually you can do this in NCAA, canīt you ? Just go to team management and then choose the team you are playing, change the defensive playcall agressivness down and then exit the menu (you canīt change multiple teams at once, then it wonīt save for whatever reason).

rjsuperfly66 07-31-2010 06:06 PM

I think one thing they need to tune is blitz aggressiveness. The average team probably brings 5 players a majority of the time.

In this game, teams blitz 6 or 7 people alot in passing situations. Even with like 15 seconds left in the half, the computer bringing these all-out blitz and leaving wide receivers completely open.

Blitz aggressiveness should not be as aggressive as it is.

Palo20 07-31-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacCLovin (Post 2041402596)

And this isn't Madden.

The CPU calls them too much, just like Madden.

poopoop 07-31-2010 06:17 PM

Eliminating these plays doesn't solve the problem of CPU's playcalling logic being terrible. I'd hate to see them removed since they are useful in some situations especially against humans.