Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Official Training Camp and Preseason Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=431928)

elicoleman 08-01-2010 05:59 PM

Official Training Camp and Preseason Thread

I figured it wouldn't hurt to have one thread to talk about any football news out there, whether it's injuries or players looking better than expected or whatnot.

We're exactly one week away from the Hall of Fame Game (Cowboys vs Bengals), which will officially kickoff the NFL Preseason.

In injury news today, Knowshon Moreno and Corey Buckhalter were both carted off the field today. Really sucks for the Broncos because they just traded JJ Arrington to the Eagles yesterday.

kehlis 08-01-2010 06:02 PM

Re: Official Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Early unofficial word on Moreno is that it is a hamstring tear with the severity unknown.

Buckhalter was released from the hospital with some sort of a back injury but he was able to walk off the field on his own when he got hurt so it sounds like they were just taking extra precautions by taking him to the hospital.

But to add, no one seems to know much of anything. Apparently ESPN is reporting Buckhalter hurt his leg while the Denver Post is reporting upper back injury.

elicoleman 08-01-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kehlis (Post 2041406099)
Early unofficial word on Moreno is that it is a hamstring tear with the severity unknown.

Buckhalter was released from the hospital with some sort of a back injury but he was able to walk off the field on his own when he got hurt so it sounds like they were just taking extra precautions by taking him to the hospital.

Just read this on MSNBC...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/385130...s-player_news/

Quote:

FOX 31 in Denver reports that an MRI Sunday night revealed Knowshon Moreno's hamstring is not torn.

While it's good that he'll avoid surgery, the possibility remains that Moreno's hamstring is significantly strained, as observers heard a "pop" when he went down on the practice field Sunday. He has no timetable for return, and the secretive Broncos could conceivably milk the the injury right up until the opener. We can pretty safely expect Belichick disciple Josh McDaniels to list Moreno as "questionable, limited" on the Week 1 injury report.
Good news that it's not torn but still an injury that could very well linger throughout the season.

Just a friendly reminder to myself and many others why you never do fantasy drafts before preseason even starts. :lol:

NYJets 08-01-2010 06:11 PM

Revis holding out.

elicoleman 08-01-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJets (Post 2041406128)
Revis holding out.

What is he supposed to be paid this year and how much is he looking to get paid?

Chaos81 08-01-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elicoleman (Post 2041406147)
What is he supposed to be paid this year and how much is he looking to get paid?

Getting paid $1 million and he wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL. That would be $15.5 million or so per year.

All of that is assuming I'm remembering ESPN correctly.

SouthernBrick 08-01-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elicoleman (Post 2041406147)

I believe Aso is set to make 16 million this year and Revis is set to make 1 million(If I'm not mistaken) as I was reading the ESPN ticker earlier. No way he gets paid more than Aso this season IMO but, I think they'll eventually agree to something.

NYJets 08-01-2010 08:08 PM

I forget all the details, but the issue is guaranteed money. The Jets offers have included very little of it. They don't want to give him a ton of money up front with the labor uncertainty, and some weird cap/contract issues keep them from guaranteeing money down the road.

It's turned ugly because Revis believes that the Jets have lied to him, and leaked things to the media to make him look greedy, like that report that he was looking for $20 million a year. Who knows, but it's not the first time the Jets have been accused of lying to players about their contract situation. I tend to sign with Revis.

Have to figure they will eventually get something done though, Revis is too important to this defense.