Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon (/forums/showthread.php?t=432328)

jeebs9 08-03-2010 09:13 AM

5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

I played 5 opponents last night who all played with Oregon. And instead of starting Costa. Every single one of them started Hawkins.

I felt like I was playing Michael Vick. I can deal with my opponents running no huddle offense and all the other stuff people complain about. But someone dropping back and just running every single time. Is kind of stupid. Especially with a freshmen QB.

And oh yea...Don't think of me as some newbie either....Been playing since like 1998-99 and know football in and out like very few... Yes I did QB spy/blitz....You know what...I even put the DT to QB spy and the DE's to QB contain....And you know what?...He ran around the DE...shook a LB off and then slide in for a first down.

I even had one guy with the same QB. Different game...****n to the right. And throw across his body. With a perfect spiral to a receiver on the other side of the field. Shook his man. And went for a 56 yard bomb. I saw another guy do the same thing with the UTEP QB.

I've been renting games now. To try them instead of buying them from the jump.

But is anyone else experenceing the same thing with running QB's?

(And yes I really did play Orgeon 5 times last night)

jayishere 08-03-2010 09:20 AM

Re: 5 Straight opponents who played with Oregon

This is why I join OD's or join online leagues that have rules against that style of play.

ndfan1993 08-03-2010 09:40 AM

After the first couple of times why did you play another guy using Oregon?

If I play multiple games in a row I will only play against different teams to get a different feel, a different look.

jeebs9 08-03-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayishere (Post 2041413525)
This is why I join OD's or join online leagues that have rules against that style of play.

Thanks Jay for posting....I usually say that same thing to users who come into the 2k section lol.

But I think the reason for my post is why are a user able to use tactics like that and continue to succeed. I mean as I explained before. I was using most of the best counters tactics. And none of them worked. How can have QB contain and 3 QB spy's....And the QB still be able to run for a first down?.....The worst plays were when I finally got pressure on the QB. And he was able to throw perfect passes across his body down field.

Isn't there something wrong with that?

jeebs9 08-03-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndfan1993 (Post 2041413590)
After the first couple of times why did you play another guy using Oregon?

If I play multiple games in a row I will only play against different teams to get a different feel, a different look.

You won't believe me....But last night was my very first games. So I was willing to just play anyone. Just play and try out the game.

(I been using gamefly this online game rental. Works like Netflicks. My reason for getting it so late. I usually buy on release day. But the last 2 years the game starts collecting dust)

ndfan1993 08-03-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeebs9 (Post 2041413621)
You won't believe me....But last night was my very first games. So I was willing to just play anyone. Just play and try out the game.

(I been using gamefly this online game rental. Works like Netflicks. My reason for getting it so late. I usually buy on release day. But the last 2 years the game starts collecting dust)

Makes sense...but you should have come on here and found a quality gamer to give you a beat down...I mean a game. :)

jeebs9 08-03-2010 11:12 AM

beat down...lol...Yea sure...My game wasn't that bad. It wasn't like I was getting blown out. I was only down by one touchdown in all but 1 of the games.

poopoop 08-03-2010 11:15 AM

Hit me up I'llbe #6