Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Would someone explain what buying the "Recruiting Advisor" does? (/forums/showthread.php?t=432716)

Deegeezy 08-04-2010 05:25 PM

Would someone explain what buying the "Recruiting Advisor" does?

Also, do you consider it a "cheat?"

thisisasticup 08-04-2010 05:29 PM

Re: Would someone explain what buying the "Recruiting Advisor" does?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deegeezy (Post 2041420828)
Also, do you consider it a "cheat?"

I think it helps you with the interests of the player are and what you should put emphasis on while recruiting. At least thats what i gathered from it.

mestevo 08-04-2010 05:42 PM

It's great if you don't want to micromanage recruiting as much. I find myself messing with the recruiting advisor involved guys, a futile pet project or two, and letting the AI do the rest.

BadAssHskr 08-04-2010 06:24 PM

When i go to purchase dynasty accelerators it says they are not permitted in my OD.

I'm the comish, Anyone know how to enable it? I can't find the option anywhere?

mrlux 08-04-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2041421048)
When i go to purchase dynasty accelerators it says they are not permitted in my OD.

I'm the comish, Anyone know how to enable it? I can't find the option anywhere?

You have to enable it in the commmish options i believe PRIOR to starting your OD. You can change it in the off season.

Microsoft_Works 08-04-2010 07:02 PM

There is a few different things it does, but its random and only does one of them per week.

- Unlocks certain pitches for certain recruits, and will tell you which recruits.
- Notifies you of which recruits have the x2 bonus for that week so you can use your time accordingly.
- It also lets you know of any prospects that you aren't in their top 10, but you could be if you added them to your board and talked to them.

BadAssHskr 08-04-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlux (Post 2041421091)
You have to enable it in the commmish options i believe PRIOR to starting your OD. You can change it in the off season.

ok, thanks man, that serves as good info to me!

kodawg9 08-04-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works (Post 2041421182)
There is a few different things it does, but its random and only does one of them per week.

- Unlocks certain pitches for certain recruits, and will tell you which recruits.
- Notifies you of which recruits have the x2 bonus for that week so you can use your time accordingly.
- It also lets you know of any prospects that you aren't in their top 10, but you could be if you added them to your board and talked to them.

It also notifies you to offer a certain player a scholarship because they're ready to sign with you on that specific week.

I don't necessarily see this as a "cheat". It just organizes the info into one place so that you don't have to look through all your targets to see that week's special. I never bothered purchasing it in years past, but since I had some leftover microsoft pts, I've used this. Definitely helpful, but I'd say it helps minimally to the point you're not really gaining much of an advantage.