Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   WRs dropping passes (/forums/showthread.php?t=433045)

Card-me 08-05-2010 09:17 PM

WRs dropping passes

This is out of hand. They've really messed something up here. I've tried playing with several teams, and all have the same result: the WRs have butterfingers all of a sudden. Nobody but the top receiver can catch anything consistently. Some people are saying that it's being caused by the receiver being hit during the catch, and that does happen sometimes. But I've seen too many receivers drop a ball with nobody around them to count.

Right now I'm playing as the Spartans vs. the Militia (default teams). The Spartans are one of the highest rated offensive teams in the game, and none of the top 4 receivers have any rating besides strength below 80. Almost all my passes are spot on, and I'm currently 2/17 for 15 yards and 0% on 3rd down. Wide open passes are just being completely dropped left and right, and if your guys has anybody near him, good luck getting him to catch it. Oh, and I've got 9 yards rushing on 7 carries. Yay.

What's worse? This is on Medium. The game has gotten a lot more difficult, so if you play any team with ratings similar or better than yours, good luck moving the ball at all. I'm one of those people that dominates NCAA on Heisman and never lost a game on Pro-Hard pre-patch. Post-patch, with a mix of Hard and Medium I've scored a total of 10 points in this game throughout about 6 games.

And here I was, first game I played against a terrible team as the Colts, thinking the patch was great. Against anybody decent I can't move the f'ing ball to save my life. :brickwall

Card-me 08-05-2010 09:29 PM

Re: WRs dropping passes

At the half: I'm now 3/21 for 15 yards and 0/8 on 3rd down. The CPU has its own problems on 3rd down being 0/7, but their QB is at least a respectable 12/22 116 yards and 1TD.

jaosming 08-05-2010 09:40 PM

out of curiosity, what do you have your "form" setting on?

Card-me 08-05-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaosming (Post 2041427057)
out of curiosity, what do you have your "form" setting on?

You can't control it in Season mode, which is where most of these games took place.

But in the game I'm playing now, I believe I have it set to Random. Maybe that's the problem since in the second half guys decided to start catching them sometimes. I still ended up 14/42 for 173 yards and 0TD 2INT. On the other side, the CPU couldn't move the ball at all in the second half. Ended up going 15/30 for 120 yards and 1TD 1INT. I ended up winning off a key turnover that set up a TD run from my FB (who actually fumbled it but it wasn't called).

allBthere 08-05-2010 11:16 PM

I'm only guessing since I'm 360, but maybe the drops are the result of lowering int's? Since there are few ratings available "focus" etc...maybe to decrease int's they had to make all players less adept at catching.

Even though I haven't played post-patch, I think I'd rather more drops than int's - maybe it's a pick your poison kind of thing. I wanted my damn 360 patch though, I thought it would be here when I got home.

Card-me 08-05-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2041427491)
I'm only guessing since I'm 360, but maybe the drops are the result of lowering int's? Since there are few ratings available "focus" etc...maybe to decrease int's they had to make all players less adept at catching.

Even though I haven't played post-patch, I think I'd rather more drops than int's - maybe it's a pick your poison kind of thing. I wanted my damn 360 patch though, I thought it would be here when I got home.

You think you'd want fewer drops instead of INTs, but wait until you actually do it. Going 30% or less every game and still having 1 or 2 INTs is very frustrating.

The only thing I've seen to remedy the problem is to turn the form to very good. But again, there are problems with that: 1) You can't control form in League modes, and 2) when you turn form to very good, the defense is incredibly tough (because every player's form is set to very good); you'll be lucky to find a moderately open receiver half the time and a wide open receiver about 5% of the time.

raiders81tim 08-06-2010 07:51 AM

Way too many drops, game sucks now.

mgoblue678 08-06-2010 07:59 AM

The main issue to me based on the game I played, at least on hard, is how uneven it seems to be between the user and CPU. CPU WR's seemed to barely drop anything and my guys seemed to drop it 90% of the time if there was any amount of contact.