Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Really hope they fix the playaction on this game (/forums/showthread.php?t=433921)

jcraig33 08-09-2010 12:49 AM

Really hope they fix the playaction on this game

What's the point of establishing the run to make the safeties play closer to the line, if every GD time I call a playaction the defenders ignore the running back and sack the QB every time. I really hope they tune this because it really blows.

adembroski 08-09-2010 01:00 AM

Re: Really hope they fix the playaction on this game

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcraig33 (Post 2041441046)
What's the point of establishing the run to make the safeties play closer to the line, if every GD time I call a playaction the defenders ignore the running back and sack the QB every time. I really hope they tune this because it really blows.

Are you using the correct play action? make sure your PA plays display "SETUP" before you run them. You can run on them all day, but if you come with some random PA that isn't connected to anything you've run that day it doesn't do you any good.

osubeavs721 08-09-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcraig33 (Post 2041441046)

if the safeties move up to the line call a quick pass. not a PA, PA's take way to long, the safeties have to be up but about 7 yards back for PA's

dan_457 08-09-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2041441092)
Are you using the correct play action? make sure your PA plays display "SETUP" before you run them. You can run on them all day, but if you come with some random PA that isn't connected to anything you've run that day it doesn't do you any good.

The setup feature is a joke. You shouldn't have to break a 20+ yard run, or abuse a single play just to make a single similar looking PA pass usable. The fact is that PA plays are broken, it takes way too long fake the hand off, which is probably the main problem, and besides, the AI knowing that you're calling PA pass and conveniently blitzing doesn't help much either. I run the ball the majority of the time, which means PA should work quite well, but instead it results in my QB getting sacked just as soon as he finishes faking the hand off, over 75% of the time.

sparty77 08-09-2010 09:13 AM

If you pick your spots right then there are a few PA plays that work alright. The fake power run in I or Ace formation is probably the best. If the D looks like they're going to send everybody and you won't get the play off then just hot route the RB to have him block and turn it into a quick pass.

uofm1508 08-09-2010 09:18 AM

I have no problem at all running play action passes.

You just can't abuse them, and you have to call them in the proper situations

rudyjuly2 08-09-2010 09:35 AM

The PA passes do result in sacks far too often but I actually had success running a few of them against Bama.

And I agree about the setup plays. The plays should not be completely independent of one another. If a team is running the ball successfully, all play action passes should be more effective and not just the set-up ones out of specific formations. I can understand setting them up out of a certain formation being more effective but there should still be an overall effect as well. Maybe it does work this way. I don't know but it would be nice to get confirmation on this.

pdiehm 08-09-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uofm1508 (Post 2041441828)
I have no problem at all running play action passes.

You just can't abuse them, and you have to call them in the proper situations

They don't work one iota. If you are a spread option team, and you are in the gun, after a few read option plays, the playaction pass off that should be WIDE open.

As someone said above, you don't need to break 20 yard runs for PA to work. If you have a team who's averaging 2-3 yards a carry, they go playaction, and the LB's will...WILL bite. Not in this game...everyone morphs right to the QB as they go right by the ball carrier.

I use ask coach for my playcalling, and if he picks a PA, I change it. It's the only time I change my plays.