Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 11 Blog: Talking About Hustle with Redshirt (/forums/showthread.php?t=434145)

Steve_OS 08-09-2010 06:21 PM

NHL 11 Blog: Talking About Hustle with Redshirt

EA Sports just posted another NHL 11 blog. This one has Redshirt talking about hustle.

Quote:

"The total effect of the changes makes the management of energy more important and more realistic without making any drastic changes to how the game plays. If you played NHL 10 a lot you’ll be able to grab the controller and play NHL 11 without any difficulty and begin learning how to make use of the new controls to take your game to the next level."

Lordofthething 08-09-2010 06:30 PM

Re: NHL 11 Blog: Talking About Hustle with Redshirt

I think this is a great addition that is going to add even more realism to the game...as anyone who plays/watches hockey knows, you are not going full out all of time.

The Visualizer 08-09-2010 06:37 PM

Hustle button is another good addition to the game, good that everything was clarified, I was worried it would be able to be used outside of it's intended purpose when I heard about the 3 click system.

Redshirt and/or EA devs, how about for the next blog you explain and show how the jump deke will not be abused, then I can return to DEFCON 5

Vikes1 08-09-2010 06:44 PM

I think this will be a good addition.

And I do like the idea of using L3 for this feature. Seems well placed. Looking forward to giving this a try with the coming demo.

TreyIM2 08-09-2010 06:56 PM

Great idea. Adds even more strategy to the gameplay. Reminds me a bit of the turbo usage in NBA2K10.

Redshirt_EA 08-09-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Visualizer (Post 2041444554)
Hustle button is another good addition to the game, good that everything was clarified, I was worried it would be able to be used outside of it's intended purpose when I heard about the 3 click system.

Redshirt and/or EA devs, how about for the next blog you explain and show how the jump deke will not be abused, then I can return to DEFCON 5

When you jump you lose the puck and have to catch up to it. It is similar to push puck in that way, but push puck is more effective in the general case. The only time when jumping should be more effective is when someone is lying in your path.

Randiesel75 08-09-2010 07:50 PM

Definitely an awesome feature of NHL 11. Looking forward to this release!

patsfan188 08-09-2010 09:48 PM

I just want news on Be a Gm Mode