Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Help Me To Help You...PLEASE! (/forums/showthread.php?t=434226)

DavonBrown 08-09-2010 10:09 PM

Help Me To Help You...PLEASE!

As most of you know I made an NFL roster file last season and I will be doing the same this year. I want to make it perfect this time around though. In order to do that I'm going to need some help from you guys. I purchased this game around Christmas of last year so I'm a bit of a noob. Here's what I need from you guys:

-A detailed description of each ability and how it works in the game.
-The best abilities for each position.
-Overpowered abilities.
-Useless abilities.

I may be asking a bit much of you, but PLEASE do what you can.
Thank you in advance!

p.s. I also have a way of sharing teams via download.
:usa:

DavonBrown 08-10-2010 02:23 AM

Re: Help Me To Help You...PLEASE!

Damn! Thanks.

jclem92 08-10-2010 03:12 AM

Ray Rice is Gold?

ybtherockstar 08-10-2010 09:40 AM

LT and TO Bronze?

The15thunter 08-10-2010 09:55 AM

ray rice is a gold, and lt and to are both bronze's, that's accurate.

do you still want breakdowns of the abilities?

i could tell you what i think certain team builds should look like, or at least certain players. up to you.

DavonBrown 08-10-2010 07:45 PM

Thanks guys, but that's not exactly what I need. Most of my team builds are already about finish. I need questions answered such as "what's the difference between quick feet and cutback ability?"

The15thunter 08-11-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavonBrown (Post 2041450414)
Thanks guys, but that's not exactly what I need. Most of my team builds are already about finish. I need questions answered such as "what's the difference between quick feet and cutback ability?"

quick feet is one of the best abilities to give players that need to make cuts or agile movements, specifically lb's, wr's, hb's and db's. it greatly enhances manual control, and also helps reduce the effects of momentum when trying to make a move.

cutback ability helps running backs and wide receivers be more fluid when making sudden direct changes, i believe. if you notice, when you're running towards the left at an angle and then you see the blocking shift and you ned to cutback, you'll usually get an animation that greatly limits your control and speed with the momentum. my assumption is that cutback would minimize that effect more and more the higher your tier as long as you have that ability. it's useful if you run a lot of counters, sweeps and zone running plays, i assume.

any others i can help clarify? i don't think i'm an authority, i just have a ton of games played.

DavonBrown 08-11-2010 10:10 PM

Thanks. What about Run Coverage and Run Reader?