Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=434478)

BigD 08-10-2010 02:19 PM

Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden

I've never seen in all my years see the NCAA forums completely demolish the Madden forums by number of viewers on release day. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing over 3,000 viewers viewing the NCAA forums during it's release and as of 2:15 est I have yet to see over 1,000 viewing the Madden forums. I don't believe this has EVER happened here at OS. I'm sure most can agree that the NCAA team completely BROUGHT it this year! That is all.

ODogg 08-10-2010 02:24 PM

Re: Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden

Although I like NCAA better than Madden to I think the comparison is invalid due to NCAA releasing first. By the time NCAA releases people have been without football and a new football game for a long time...but by the time Madden releases NCAA has already been out for a month. Not really a fair or worthwhile comparison due to that.

dan_457 08-10-2010 02:25 PM

This is something I've been thinking about myself. There were a few times when the NCAA board had almost 4000 viewers, and as you said i don't think the madden board has even hit 1000 yet. I was thinking that this was odd, looks like it is.

speedkills 08-10-2010 02:33 PM

NCAA is just a more compelling game. I just played my first Madden 11 franchise game and though it was fun I want to get back to my NCAA Dynasty.

Is it me, or are the player models and animations better in NCAA? I know the lighting is superior.

BigD 08-10-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2041448604)
Although I like NCAA better than Madden to I think the comparison is invalid due to NCAA releasing first. By the time NCAA releases people have been without football and a new football game for a long time...but by the time Madden releases NCAA has already been out for a month. Not really a fair or worthwhile comparison due to that.

Like I said, I don't ever recall this happening here at OS and If this was the case then the number of "viewers" would favor NCAA every year. NCAA has generated a ton of more interest and I'm sure most believe NCAA has released a far superior product. The proof is in the pudding as far as I'm concerned and I don't even watch college football, I'm 100% pure NFL and decided to purchase NCAA over Madden. Why? because it is better.

BigD 08-10-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_457 (Post 2041448612)
This is something I've been thinking about myself. There were a few times when the NCAA board had almost 4000 viewers, and as you said i don't think the madden board has even hit 1000 yet. I was thinking that this was odd, looks like it is.

Heck, NCAA almost brought down the boards on release day. It's quite amazing. I remember thinking usually madden triples the number of viewers on any given day. Not this year. I don't want to say it, but it seems people aren't buying madden.

demon19000 08-10-2010 02:46 PM

Yeah I noticed the number of viewers as well. I can say for one, usually I would either get both every year, or just Madden. But It's been a rotation the past few years for me, get one, next year the other, etc. It happened by accident at first, now I intentionally do it. For PS3, I have NCAA 09, Madden 10, now NCAA 11.

I say it happened by accident because I got Madden 10, and was gonna get Madden 11, until they said they didn't do anything with franchise mode. Not a big deal to some, but I don't play sports online, and dynasty mode is always really deep.

To me at least, I seem to get more excitement and replay value when I have 2 years of features that are new to me.

ODogg 08-10-2010 02:49 PM

I think Madden 11 is getting a bad rap on this board, since I got it I've hardly played NCAA 11. Yes NCAA 11 is the game I'll end up playing more as well, and I think it's a slightly better game, but it's not that much better. People just enjoy kicking the "King" when he is supposedly down I think.

I think once word gets out that Madden 11 is much better than the demo and people get a chance to play it at the mall, Best Buy, etc, the games sales will be pretty good this year.