Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Please Fix Play Action Pass Blocking (/forums/showthread.php?t=434807)

speedkills 08-11-2010 09:02 AM

Please Fix Play Action Pass Blocking

Sorry if this has already been posted but it bears repeating.

99.9% of the time you have JUST enough time to fake the handoff before being sacked.

It makes an important part of the passing game worse than useless.

MattRobinson17 08-11-2010 09:05 AM

Re: Please Fix Play Action Pass Blocking

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2041452857)

99.9% of the time you have JUST enough time to fake the handoff before being sacked.

I have the same problem, which makes me tend to shy away from PA passes...

Presswithsafetyshade 08-11-2010 09:37 AM

I love the PA passing. PA should only give you so much much time, especially against an aggressive rush or blitz. If I see the defense loading up for a run-blitz or stacking the line I usually leave a TE (and a FB depending on the formation) in to block to give me more time...especially for posts and go's that take more time to develop. It's all about recognizing the defense and where the pressure may come from when you fake the run.

G-Men_in_Mass 08-11-2010 09:42 AM

The PA works great for me , you need to pound the rock before calling them, and the Shotgun PA works even better, only problem is works really good against you to

s38s38s 08-11-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presswithsafetyshade (Post 2041453000)
I love the PA passing. PA should only give you so much much time, especially against an aggressive rush or blitz. If I see the defense loading up for a run-blitz or stacking the line I usually leave a TE (and a FB depending on the formation) in to block to give me more time...especially for posts and go's that take more time to develop. It's all about recognizing the defense and where the pressure may come from when you fake the run.

This ^, if you've got your opponent blitzing because he now respects the run, then the above are the necessary steps you need to take to neutralize the blitz, so your receivers have time to work downfield.

Though I would like to see better blocking when you have a hat on a hat as it seems the RG is consistently beat after the snap.

Lieutenant Dan 08-11-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass (Post 2041453026)
The PA works great for me , you need to pound the rock before calling them, and the Shotgun PA works even better, only problem is works really good against you to

Well, I'll go back to working harder on setting up the PA better then, because I'm getting dumped pretty regularly too LOL. But I do think it's because I'm not working hard enough on the setup.

I use the Seahawks and Matt's got a very high PA rating, but it hasn't saved him so far.

G-Men_in_Mass 08-11-2010 09:52 AM

But dont get me wrong have I been crushed before even faking the PA? Bet your *** I have.... and I'm not saying its perfect, but if you use it a few times a game after running for a first down or two it works well enough.... and your title should have been

"Please Fix Play Action Pass Blocking Because I'm a Seahawks Fan and my Team is Really Bad"

DaCarver13 08-11-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedkills (Post 2041452857)

LMAO @ 99.9% of the time... Sure buddy. You just need to UP your football IQ and play the game with more skill. Unless you want last year's version were every player bit on the PA even on situations like 3rd and 20.

Guys are just used to FLAWS that were in last years gaem and then think that improvements made to the game are messed up lol. This Madden is awsome!