Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Is this game all noobified? (/forums/showthread.php?t=435024)

Ironwolf1974 08-11-2010 05:56 PM

Is this game all noobified?

Ive read a bunch of reviews, but really only trust you guys here.

So tell me, an honest review, point me to it whatever.

My XBOX 360 (my 5th) broke AGAIN.

So I have to decide whether to get another one or not. And this game
is the deciding factor.

So from you, the players. Is this game better then last year?

Ironwolf

FedExPope 08-11-2010 07:53 PM

Re: Is this game all noobified?

I read in the IGN review that the game is geared towards offense (2004 all over again) and that casual players would like it but sim oriented people would get a hollow experience...but of course, the reviewer wasn't using sliders...I haven't picked up my preorder yet because the demo was crap. I'd like OS's opinion as well.

Ironwolf1974 08-20-2010 11:27 AM

No one has an opinion or review with sliders etc?

I have to decide whether to buy a new xbox or not. My last one crapped out.

See these 4gb ones for 199.99 but, dont want to buy an xbox if this years madden is crap.

Sounds like it is, but who knows. Any comments or concerns would be great.

Ironwolf

jvalentine 08-20-2010 11:41 AM

I think this years is much better than 10. Gameflow can offer an authentic NFL experience if you put the time into game planning (usually takes about 5-10 games to tweak the way you like). Locomotion has added so much to the feel of the game play and Online Team Play if fun if you want to play with multiple friends.

Jd_Seven 08-20-2010 11:51 AM

IMO out of the box the game is actually pretty decent (other than the stupid little things which im sure will be fixed with the first patch.)

I do recommend adjusting the slider settings accordingly as if you don't it will have a sort of arcade feel to it, unrealistic plays, stupid **** happening on the field. If your looking for a sim football experience then just look around for sliders that work for you.

I have been working on slider adjustments since the game came out with lots of testing, for me, I have found that it works much better and is an overall better sim football experience. You can check my slider settings out, but there are plenty that offer many different aspects to the game.

It is an improvement from last years madden by a fair amount, the little things like crowd chants, locomotion etc add a nice feel to it and come on..its football :D

So in short, YES - go buy an xbox, go get madden, work on sliders...and ENJOY.

Im out, safe.

Ironwolf1974 08-20-2010 04:43 PM

Ok sorry but whats "Locomotion"?

And I understand the arcady thing, all the reviews are saying it.

Though Playmakers sliders look fantastic as usual, Ive followed him for years.

Did they fixed the sim stats? Like I love redraft franchises, but not when 10 of thebacks consistently get 2000 yards a season. Or some QB routinely throws for 7000 yards and 70 tds.

Ironwolf

Mike32Ownz 08-21-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 (Post 2041456028)
Ive read a bunch of reviews, but really only trust you guys here.

So tell me, an honest review, point me to it whatever.

My XBOX 360 (my 5th) broke AGAIN.

So I have to decide whether to get another one or not. And this game
is the deciding factor.

So from you, the players. Is this game better then last year?

Ironwolf

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedExPope (Post 2041456604)
I read in the IGN review that the game is geared towards offense (2004 all over again) and that casual players would like it but sim oriented people would get a hollow experience...but of course, the reviewer wasn't using sliders...I haven't picked up my preorder yet because the demo was crap. I'd like OS's opinion as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 (Post 2041496364)
No one has an opinion or review with sliders etc?

I have to decide whether to buy a new xbox or not. My last one crapped out.

See these 4gb ones for 199.99 but, dont want to buy an xbox if this years madden is crap.

Sounds like it is, but who knows. Any comments or concerns would be great.

Ironwolf

Not saying my sliders are better than anyone elses at all, but I am a Die hard 2K fan, and after using my gameplanning tweaks and my slider set I and many others agree that this is THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME on Next GEN IMO it is on par with 2K not beter not worse but you HAVE to at least borrow the game and try it with sliders

Ironwolf1974 08-21-2010 05:28 AM

I ordered the 4gb new black xbox and madden 11 from amazon, says 5 days, but Im in europe at an APO sooo who knows.

This day off is ALREADY going slow.

Stupid PX here has only the 250gb version for 300, not willing to go that route. Dont need 250gb of hard drive lol!

Ironwolf