Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   I FOUND A WORK AROUND FOR EDITING TEAMS AFTER PATCH!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=435170)

jcstinger 08-11-2010 11:17 PM

I FOUND A WORK AROUND FOR EDITING TEAMS AFTER PATCH!!!

OK so I was thinking of this all day and work then when I cam home from golfing 9 with my bro I tried it and it works!!!! here is what you have to do.
#1. Either have a MU, a USB drive or a partitioned HD maybe?? (when my last Xbox went RRoD on me I purchased an arcade version and it had a built in 300mb of storage)
#2 move your profile and your BB save from your HD to your choice of memory device.
#3 turn off your console and remove your HD
#4 Turn system back on with Memory device inserted , load profile but dont update anything at all for your 360 (it just take up time)
#5 put in BB (DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!) when asked to pick storage device, pick your memory device.
#6 Edit away, Uni's , Logo's , Depth Charts , Players what ever you want.
#7 when done , turn of 360, insert HD, turn back on, and you can either keep your files where they were or move them back to your HD, Play the game and all your changes stay but you then get to play with the Greathouse Patch.
I am so glad I tried this it makes roster problems not so much of a problem anymore.

jaosming 08-12-2010 09:46 AM

Re: I FOUND A WORK AROUND FOR EDITING TEAMS AFTER PATCH!!!

can also just clear your cache of patches, start the game and choose to not update without having to touch your harddrive or anything

jcstinger 08-12-2010 09:58 AM

yeah so if you play multiple games on your 360 everytime you wanna play another game you have to DL the patches...GREAT IDEA!!! ;)

jaosming 08-12-2010 01:15 PM

and when you play a lot of different games (like me) the cache fills up and when I go back to the beginning of my rotation I have to redownload the patch anyway

mrjordan 09-02-2010 12:19 AM

bump - it works.

boooey 09-02-2010 09:52 PM

its cool that this works and we at least have some kind of workaround..
but man its kind of a pain in the arse.. i don't really wanna be pulling out my XBOX and unplugging the hard drive all the time.. especially now when we are doing a lot of roster tweaking to get good gameplay..

they gotta come out with one more patch.. don't they get 2 free patches?