Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   are new overtime rules not in the game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=435387)

kcarr 08-12-2010 03:02 PM

are new overtime rules not in the game?

In year 2 of my franchise playing as KC against Tennessee we go into overtime and at the beginning of overtime the announcer explains the new overtime rules. I am happy to hear that they are in cause I would like to win this game and tennessee won the toss. Well, tennessee drives down the field and then on 1st down kicks a field goal and I am thinking what the heck, why don't they go for the win atleast a little, but anyway they kick it and it gives them the win. So, why have the announcers explain the new OT rules if they are not in and why are they not in

Segagendude 08-12-2010 03:03 PM

Re: are new overtime rules not in the game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarr (Post 2041460569)
In year 2 of my franchise playing as KC against Tennessee we go into overtime and at the beginning of overtime the announcer explains the new overtime rules. I am happy to hear that they are in cause I would like to win this game and tennessee won the toss. Well, tennessee drives down the field and then on 1st down kicks a field goal and I am thinking what the heck, why don't they go for the win atleast a little, but anyway they kick it and it gives them the win. So, why have the announcers explain the new OT rules if they are not in and why are they not in

playoffs only, I believe.....

LHSLax_D24 08-12-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segagendude (Post 2041460575)
playoffs only, I believe.....

Yup, currently it only applies to the post-season.

TheBrothers24 08-12-2010 03:59 PM

Yeah they should only be in the playoffs but they talk about it during the regular season like they apply. Unless EA made it so the new overtime rules were all season long. I wouldn't know because i haven't made the playoffs yet and i won my first overtime game by returning an int for a touchdown.

ryan36 08-12-2010 04:02 PM

From what I hear, they're done properly...

This is probably a commentary coding error and should be in the bugs/glitches thread, so report it there.