Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Greatest NCAA Imported Players? (/forums/showthread.php?t=43559)

DTX3 07-28-2003 12:25 AM

Greatest NCAA Imported Players?

This is more of a 2003 question. I have NCAA2004 and gonna get Madden2004, i decided to mess around with NCAA & Madden 2003 now i havent used the imported players feature since the players dont have names on mine. But i just downloaded the names and started simming. In madden i simmed a season and got the #1 pick and decided to draft Willis McGahee who was the heismen winner in my NCAA game, so when i got him he was rated a 80. That was the top player in the draft. Now my question is what is the highest rated imported player you seen in your game?

BlaQStaR_26 07-28-2003 02:10 AM

Re: Greatest NCAA Imported Players?

mines is the same as yours kind of, I had the first pick overall(did a lot of trading) and I imported my Draft class. I was the Falcons and i had the First pick. Got Willis and he was a 85

FSU_Animal 07-28-2003 09:20 AM

The best I've gotten personally was a 74. He was drafted by my Cowboys (of course, picked by me, lol). I would say his name is Terence Newman. Funny thing is...this year in Madden he comes rated as an 82 (I think that is what I read).

The only players I've seen enter the draft rated 80+ were three guys.

Maurice Clarett - Came out as an 85. Left after his Senior year during my Cowboys chise. I had Chris Brown turning into a better running back than Emmitt Smith, lol. So I left Clarett, and he went to the Lions. Has had an injury plagued NFL career so far. Has never amassed more that 700 yards in any given season (only been 3 seasons so far).

Charles Rogers - Same franchise; came out as an 81. Drafted #1 overall by the Arizona Cardinals. They also took Chris Simms in the third round. Rogers has been to one Pro Bowl as the #2 receiver behind Terrell Owens. My Antonio Bryant was the fourth in that Pro Bowl. So far, Rogers has amassed more than 1000 yards twice. Cardinals still suck, and David Boston has dropped into the 75+ ratings. Rogers is a 90+ receiver though.

Roy Williams (of Texas) - Same franchise; came out as an 84. Drafted by the Oakland Raiders, immediatly became #1 receiver. Injury plagued his whole career. Has never amassed more than 900 yards a season, and no more than 4 TDs a season. Still in the 80+ ratings, but his injury level is in the 40's.

Terence Newman is now a 96 cornerback, 3 pro-bowl seasons that were joined by teammates Roy Williams (99 FS) and Derek Ross (95 CB).

Klue516 07-28-2003 11:25 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
FSU_Animal said:
The best I've gotten personally was a 74. He was drafted by my Cowboys (of course, picked by me, lol). I would say his name is Terence Newman. Funny thing is...this year in Madden he comes rated as an 82 (I think that is what I read).

Maurice Clarett - Came out as an 85. Left after his Senior year during my Cowboys chise. I had Chris Brown turning into a better running back than Emmitt Smith, lol. So I left Clarett, and he went to the Lions. Has had an injury plagued NFL career so far. Has never amassed more that 700 yards in any given season (only been 3 seasons so far).

Charles Rogers - Same franchise; came out as an 81. Drafted #1 overall by the Arizona Cardinals. They also took Chris Simms in the third round. Rogers has been to one Pro Bowl as the #2 receiver behind Terrell Owens. My Antonio Bryant was the fourth in that Pro Bowl. So far, Rogers has amassed more than 1000 yards twice. Cardinals still suck, and David Boston has dropped into the 75+ ratings. Rogers is a 90+ receiver though.

Roy Williams (of Texas) - Same franchise; came out as an 84. Drafted by the Oakland Raiders, immediatly became #1 receiver. Injury plagued his whole career. Has never amassed more than 900 yards a season, and no more than 4 TDs a season. Still in the 80+ ratings, but his injury level is in the 40's.

Terence Newman is now a 96 cornerback, 3 pro-bowl seasons that were joined by teammates Roy Williams (99 FS) and Derek Ross (95 CB).

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Terence, Derek, and Roy all 95+...WoW, Nice job

simpsman2244 07-28-2003 11:34 AM

charles rogers was always drafted first in my games, and he was an 81

FSU_Animal 07-28-2003 12:41 PM

Yeah...and costing me a buttload of money too, lol. RW, TN, and DR are all making 6 million and up. I wanted CAP issues. They wanted 5 million and up. I gave them just above 6 million, with Roy making 6.9 million. Dexter Coakley is an 88 ROLB now, making 6 million. I traded in my game a couple weeks ago though. I kept track of all the progressions, stats, team stats, playoffs, first round draft picks (not including stats though). I still have the franchise on my memory card. I am keeping that one for history. Later on when Madden 2003 is selling for 10 bucks, I'll get that game again and pick up where I left off at. I finally won the superbowl as well, playing against the Titans who went to the Superbowl the previous two years, winning the big one in their second trip, only to lose to me in their third trip.

on offense, Chris Brown out of Colorado as rushed for 1000+ yards since he was drafted every season. The season we won the Superbowl, he rushed for 1800+ yards and 20 TDs. He is stuck at an 88 overall right now. That kinda confuses me, yet makes sense since he came in at a 66 for some reason. Ron Dayne was my new back when he was drafted, but was benched after the second game for his inability to gain speed. Brown was given a bonus of 6 million added onto his 1 million contract.

So now I am in a bind with my salary cap. Antonio Bryant (91 WR) is making 6 million as well. My QB's are all having issues with throwing more interceptions than TDs, and Josh Harris out of Bowling Green (75 QB) is my new main man (drafted as well by me). I had Chad Hutchinson teaching him, and finally was traded for a 3rd round draft pick and 4th round draft pick. He was an 83 at that time, but was throwing at least 9 more interceptions than TDs every season. Had to upgrade my offensive line as well. Larry Allen is in his last year, and more than likely will retire. If not, he might be resigned so he will retire as a Cowboy.

Hmmmmmm....would you look at that. I was just going to comment on Terence, Roy, and Derek, but went off in a tangent.

Oh yeah, I also have SS Keith Lewis out of Oregon (he's a FS in real life now, but in the game, he was listed as a SS). I drafted him to take over Darren Woodson's spot, but Woodson didn't retire. So he was under Woodson learning the spot, and then took over. Drafted as a 73 SS. He's now an 84 SS. Been solid every year so far.

Klue516 said:
FSU_Animal said:

Terence, Derek, and Roy all 95+...WoW, Nice job

Klue516 07-28-2003 01:04 PM

Yeah...and costing me a buttload of money too, lol. RW, TN, and DR are all making 6 million and up. I wanted CAP issues. They wanted 5 million and up. I gave them just above 6 million, with Roy making 6.9 million. Dexter Coakley is an 88 ROLB now, making 6 million. I traded in my game a couple weeks ago though.

Damn , i can only imagine how your cap troubles are going to trun out with the addition of Signing bonuses.

I kept track of all the progressions, stats, team stats, playoffs, first round draft picks (not including stats though). I still have the franchise on my memory card. I am keeping that one for history.

Klue's a total stat freak, i plan on saving every season to my x-box hard drive separatly this year so i can always look back on the stats.

finally won the superbowl as well, playing against the Titans who went to the Superbowl the previous two years, winning the big one in their second trip, only to lose to me in their third trip.

Damn it! Go Titans

and Josh Harris out of Bowling Green (75 QB) is my new main man (drafted as well by me). I had Chad Hutchinson teaching him, and finally was traded for a 3rd round draft pick and 4th round draft pick. He was an 83 at that time, but was throwing at least 9 more interceptions than TDs every season.

Dear Football Gods, let my Josh Harris produce better than what he gave FSU_Animal. Making him an animal like he was in my sig.

FSU_Animal 07-28-2003 01:09 PM

Oh...don't get me wrong about Josh Harris. He was a freak in my Bengals chise (my first chise ever with Madden 2003). I'm just not good with QB's. I can run the ball like nothing, but when it comes to passing, I have a tendency to throw into coverage alot. Of course, since it's football, and I am really just the coach, I blame the QB for throwing into coverage

I had Kliff Kingsbury as my starting QB for the Bengals. He was great there, but then in his second season, I had drafted Harris because somebody told me about his speed. So Kingsbury went down for 12 weeks in only his second season, and Harris came in and cleaned house. Didn't win the Superbowl though. Then when Kingsbury came back for the next season, I benched Harris like a *******. Kingsbury came in and for some reason performed like crap. So I gave the job back to Harris, and he had kept it ever since. Later I deleted the franchise though. That was before I decided to keep up with stats and such. I kept those with my Cowboys chise when I finally found the right format to keep it all organized, lol.