Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Heisman Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=435825)

NDAlum 08-13-2010 07:27 PM

Heisman Sliders

Gameplay Options
Skill: Heisman
Recruiting: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Threshold: 40
HFA/Ice the K: On

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 45
WR Catch: 55
RB Ability: 75
Run Blocking: 50
Pass Coverage: 50
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 50
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 10
FG Accuracy: 15
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 20
Kickoff Power: 40

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 10
WR Catch: 55
RB Ability: 75
Run Blocking: 25
Pass Coverage: 45
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 75
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 10
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 40

iAM-IncReDiBLe- 08-13-2010 07:32 PM

Re: Heisman Sliders

Gonna give these a try tonight.

NDAlum 08-13-2010 07:36 PM

How I play the game:

Offense
- Typically mix it up pretty well.
- I do not abuse plays. (I will not call Four Verticals, ever.)
- I do not audible if I see the box stacked with eight men, I'll just bring people over to block and slide adjust.
- No user catching whatsoever as I feel it completely renders the ratings of your player useless.
- I stay in the pocket as best I can but I will not hesitate to scramble if nobody is open and they are rushing me.

Defense
- No user interceptions unless I am controlling the defender before the ball is thrown.
- Use man coverage 90% of the time because the zone defense is pretty bad. If you use zone you need a great rush and fortunate to have your defenders in the right spot.
- I have shifted from using a down lineman to a linebacker or safety. They actually made it more difficult to get in position and bait the CPU into throwing interceptions.
- I will use defensive strategy, but only to guard against the pass on third downs.
- I typically come out with the same number of corners as the offense has wide receivers.

Game Observations
- When passing, you can't throw the ball into traffic with zero risk. If they make a good play, it's going to be intercepted. The CPU will drop some interceptions but they will definitely make you pay if you test them consistently.
- There are money plays and if you exploit them don't use these sliders and complain.
- You have time to pass the ball.
- I found 45 worked in several areas for the CPU, mainly pass coverage. If you move it to 50 they instantly mirror your receivers. You can go into practice and test this to verify.
- Running out of the shot gun...is possible with these sliders believe it or not. You might get stuff now and then, but that happens.
- CPU offense feels balanced to me. They will get a big run then get stuffed and make a tough catch and drop one. I just felt tons of variety in my experience.

NDAlum 08-13-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kng23rich (Post 2041467193)
Gonna give these a try tonight.

I'm sure they aren't perfect, but I feel as though the things you can't control are pretty dang good.

- CPU DBs...check. They will jump a route here and there but you can hit some curls on them.
- CPU pass rush. At times you will have an eternity and other times they will be on you.
- CPU rush. If your D isn't good the CPU running back might take the team bus threw a hole.
- There aren't too many broken tackles, but they are there.
- CPU QBs. CPU stat line from last game: 18/31 for 196 with 1 TD/1 INT. There were some complete misses and some deflections and a few drops. I remember one HUGE drop late in the game on 3rd down. It was near the sideline and their TE tried to drag his feet and dropped it.

Possible issues for YOU

- HUM pass rush might be overpowered. If you get too many sacks just up CPU pass block by increments of 5 until you like it. I had 3 sacks with a bad defense vs Washington. One of them was an all out blitz and they ran PA. The other two were 100% coverage sacks.

- That's about all I can really think of...

Kobalt 08-14-2010 02:33 AM

Really like the sliders and how they play. Just one question though, did you leave the penalty settings the same?

NDAlum 08-14-2010 08:18 AM

50: Offsides/Holding/Facemask/Clipping

Others are at 55

bdes 08-14-2010 02:37 PM

Just won 26-21 in my dynasty game Notre Dame (me) vs USF. Good game, they could run on me whenever they wanted to. Their HB had 193 yards, but I think that's cause of my weak D Line. Props tho I'll be using these for sure.

NDAlum 08-14-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdes (Post 2041469807)
Just won 26-21 in my dynasty game Notre Dame (me) vs USF. Good game, they could run on me whenever they wanted to. Their HB had 193 yards, but I think that's cause of my weak D Line. Props tho I'll be using these for sure.

Good to hear. I will tell you this...you can make play with LBs but you have to shed blocks. I would watch runs develop and see all my D-lineman stuck in blocks, but the good news is they weren't pancaked like years past. Also if you sit back in Cover 2 and expect to shut down the run you are dead wrong unless you have a team full of studs.

I'll post my game stats when I play tonight.

*Two slight tweaks. HUM pblk to 45 & CPU INT dropped to 40. Me and KG were seeing too many D-linemen come away with INTs after hits on the QB.