Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide (/forums/showthread.php?t=436796)

PGaither84 08-17-2010 03:10 AM

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

FANTASY DRAFT GUIDE

Part I
Positional Breakdown

I have done the following:
  • Entered franchise mode and started a 32 team fantasy draft, simulated the entire thing
  • I searched the rosters position by position finding players who had impressive positional ratings and A or B potential.
  • Making a list of these talented players, both young and older [though mostly young] was a really good way to thin out the roster. This is the dirty work.
  • Next, after making these lists, I found where they were drafted. After running multiple drafts, I found that without user interference, they are always drafted the same.
  • Then, after simulating MANY franchises into and past year 5 and taking lots of notes, I was able to thin out the list even more.
  • Finally, we have a completed list you will find below.

OFFENSE:
The Quarter Back, Running Backs, Receivers, and the Offensive Line.
Spoiler

DEFENSE: Safeties, Corner Backs, Line Backers, D-Ends, D-Tackles
Spoiler

Part II
The Cheat Sheet

A round-by-round break down of the computer's draft tendencies. This is useful to draft alongside the computer.
Spoiler

Part III
The Draft Board

After building a list of players to look for and where they get drafted, the next step is to order them on to a draft board.

Spoiler

JaymeeAwesome 08-17-2010 10:23 AM

Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

Great idea man but save your time. Someone in the EA forums has creating an excel/XML document. Do a search...maybe take that info and improve it for OS users. With permission of course

Bballplaya72 08-19-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2041481416)
Right off the bat I want to ask if anyone has made a Madden 11 fantasy draft guide.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I made a semi-popular draft guide for Madden 09 and Madden 10 shortly after they came out. I would find out what positions were favored by the computer and the kinds of remaining players you would find from round to round. This way you could either draft "with" the computer or even try to draft ahead of the computer, knowing approximately what positions they would be targeting next in the draft. User selections only alter the draft a little bit.

If there isn't a guide up already, I guess I could create another one for Madden 11. I just don't know if many people play fantasy draft franchises anymore or not.

Great idea, but given how franchise mode has not been touched, it is probably the same, so we could probably use your guide from last year.

PGaither84 08-19-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bballplaya72 (Post 2041492112)
Great idea, but given how franchise mode has not been touched, it is probably the same, so we could probably use your guide from last year.

I guess, but I don't know if the fantasy draft logic changed. I'll look up my old guide and see if it still applies.

Bballplaya72 08-19-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2041492438)
I guess, but I don't know if the fantasy raft logic changed. I'll look up my old guide and see if it still applies.

What I'm saying is they have hardly touched anything on franchise mode, so I don't know why they would change anything with the fantasy draft.

PGaither84 08-19-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bballplaya72 (Post 2041492482)
What I'm saying is they have hardly touched anything on franchise mode, so I don't know why they would change anything with the fantasy draft.

Agreed. So I dug this up from last year. I am going to save it on my computer so I don't lose it. These guides assume you want to play a sim franchise and are not just trying to take advantage of the computer. If you want to take advantage of the computer, you shouldn't need a guide. One of the big reasons I wrote a guide like this was so you knew "when" to draft key positions. Outside of the elite players [95-99 OVR] who all get taken in the first 2-3 rounds, the computer tends to draft players by position. For example, most QBs will sit on the draft board until round 14 or so where the computer takes about 17 of them at one time. If you didn't know that, you may wait one round too long, or draft one "too early" while other positions are getting swept up.

The "cheat sheet." My recomended picks from Madden 10.

Spoiler

The long breakdown guide.

Spoiler

Finally, if you do use this guide, please post your results. I would love to get your feedback. Also, are you seeing and drastic changes from this list and Madden 11?

PGaither84 09-04-2010 01:33 PM

Well, I finally started messing with Fantasy Draft again and the logic did change. I am working on a brand new guide, so it will take some time.

As an example, in Madden 10, in round 3 the computer slected 23 DEs and then 23 WRs in round 4. Now, in Madden 11, the computer tends to select a mix between WRs and DEs in the 3rd round and a mix of DEs and CBs in the 4th, a mix of WRs and CBs in the 5th and 20 or mroe DEs in the 6th round. Most QBs were not taken unti lthe 14th round in Madden 10, however, in Madden 11 the computer makes a run for them in the 10th round. Linebackers didn't tend to be taken until the 9th round, but now Tackles and LBs are taken in mass in the 7th and 8th rounds. This is all from memory. I don't have my forms in notes of me right now.

I was working on Fantasy Draft a lot last night taking notes and I had a draft plan in mind: In the first 6 rounds of the draft, a lot of talented DEs, CBs and WRs are all taken. By the end of the 6th round DEs OVR ratings dip into the low 70's for the remaining players while CBs and WRs drop to the low 80's if I recall correctly. Round 1 and 2 I would recomend selecting an elite CB and WR of your choice. Round 3 I would get an elite DE. In round 4 and 5 I would look for a second DE, WR, or CB. What ever combination you choose, round 6 eats up a lot of remaining DEs and starts to select Tackles and MLBs as it movess into the 7th round where it is almost exclusively Tackles and MLBs. In my opinion, at the end of 7 rounds your team should have 2 WRs, 2 CBs, a DE, Tackle and MLB. I prefer the 3-4 defense and I don't tend to select pass rushing DEs. It's nice to have a Richard Seymore/Haloti Ngata type player, but you don't really need two in the 3-4, while having two top flight CB's/WRs is far more game changing, more so in Madden. My friend is a Jets fan and we use them a lot in OTP and play now [he's new to Madden] and I'll tell you, having Revis & Cromartie back there is nice.

I only have the first 12 rounds recorded so far. I plan on doing a lot more tonight, possibly the rest. After that I plan on doing break downs and recomendations by position. Finally, for the first time I may make a list of "draft steals" to keep an eye out for. A and B potential players that you can snag in later rounds to make up for "lost player" in early rounds. For example, I know that Shonn Greene is a nice 81 OVR HB with B potential, and often turns into an 89 OVR player in franchise mode, but is selected around the 9th round. Jahvi Best, on the other hand, is a 75 OVR with A potential that slips to the 28th round or so, and with some playing time, becomes a 90 or so OVR player.

Todem 09-04-2010 06:28 PM

Awesome thread. i always do a fantasy draft squad as well to go along with my Dolphins Chise. It is a ton of fun.

I will wait for your updated guide before I draft. Then I will post my draft with the rounds each player was selected in as well.