Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Post Your Offense (/forums/showthread.php?t=436830)

lccowboys 08-17-2010 09:11 AM

Post Your Offense

Hey guys. I decided to make a thread on YOUR offensive strategy. Your playbook, your tendencies, or whatever you do to get the ball moving. I'll start off first by saying I run a spread no huddle that utilizes a short passing game (Texas Longhorns 2008 & 2009). I use the Texas Tech Playbook because they have the most screens, stick, and other short passing plays. Post Yours! :cheers:

johntom2000 08-17-2010 03:27 PM

Re: Post Your Offense

Air Raid sometimes a spread offense. Houston, Cinny, and sometimes TT playbook. Whatever I feel for the day. I run alot of slants, posts, curls, hooks. An then go deep from time to time. I run a no-huddle offense.

Buckeyes_Doc 08-17-2010 03:35 PM

I use the Pistol offense because I'm using Indiana in my offline dyansty. I like the formation and having a dual threat QB.

I run a lot of counters, sweeps, and dive from the pistol formation.

I try to set up the run as best as possible and run a lot of playaction bootlegs. I also utilize screens a lot and call WR and HB screens a few times a game. I try to throw short simple passes. Rarely will I go long unless I have a player clearly open.

I typically pass and throw an equal amount of time. I do run the option play and it either works great or results in a fumble. I only run the option if I have a safe lead.

QuinnMahoney 08-17-2010 03:39 PM

I use buffalo's playbook. I run alot with the ace formations, this year in my OD i've been throwing alot more.. and I haven't been too successful with that.. Soo i guess i'll just keep the ball on the ground until i can recruit a more accurate passer.

CrossTown 08-17-2010 03:59 PM

I usually go team specific for my playbook, and then adapt to that.

Currently, I'm playing with Michigan, and I use West Coast concepts to compliment their read option/spread playbook. My first 10 or so plays of the game are scripted (a-la Bill Walsh) regardless of outcome, just to get the feel of the defense. And then I work from there.

Generally though, I tend to lean towards teams with a mobile QB. I personally feel I'm good enough on the sticks to pass without much regard to arm strength and accuracy, so having a runner is icing on the cake for me.

GopherFan 08-17-2010 04:00 PM

Pro style offense that is very run heavy I usually lead the nation in rushing every year. I like to have speedy receivers to stretch the defense if they start moving up to stop my run game.

DeSales_Colt14 08-17-2010 05:45 PM

Louisville's playbook, spread offense. Need a scrambling QB because I option occasionally.

1st down usually a run. Stretch, dive, or toss usually.

2nd down pass or run depending on whats working.

3rd down and long for guaranteed yards, I do a slip screen.

Like to do out routes, posts, curls. hit my TE on a consistent basis.

Colter 08-17-2010 05:52 PM

On all downs I usually like to get the ball past the first down marker, or the endzone line.