Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Release date (/forums/showthread.php?t=43736)

Andy_P 07-29-2003 06:10 AM

Release date

Guys,
I'm pretty sure you've worked this one over a bunch of times already, but I can't believe they are gonna stick to a release date back in September. Unless there is some marketing strategy connected with the start of the NFL season, maybe sponsorship at all the NFL stadiums or something, it just makes no sense to me at all.

Heelfan71 07-29-2003 06:24 AM

Re: Release date

they wan't to make sure they sell less games than EA. Still wonder why they release it a month after Madden.

CLASSIFIED 07-29-2003 06:47 AM

They will sell less than EA regardless of release date. They can't all the sudden sell more than Madden like that. I think it also has something to do with marketing strategy. But if you want the game badly enough you'll gladly wait for it. I personally think early august is too early for a new football game, but that's just me.

Heelfan71 07-29-2003 06:52 AM

when people go to the store in August, Madden will be there and ESPN won't. No way ESPN outsells them no matter what the release date is, but they are shooting themselves in the foot by being last.

myownsun 07-29-2003 07:05 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Heelfan71 said:
when people go to the store in August, Madden will be there and ESPN won't. No way ESPN outsells them no matter what the release date is, but they are shooting themselves in the foot by being last.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Well said.

jmood88 07-29-2003 07:33 AM

Heelfan71 said:
they wan't to make sure they sell less games than EA. Still wonder why they release it a month after Madden.

It's actually a little more than 2 weeks after madden. And they did the same thing last year and look what happened.

ZoneBlitz 07-29-2003 07:44 AM

Heelfan71 said:

Good one, it does seem that way doesn't it?

Heelfan71 07-29-2003 07:54 AM

It's actually a little more than 3 weeks.

Madden: 8/11
ESPN: 9/2