Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   How are there so many sliders??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=437512)

Winnipeg59 08-19-2010 03:44 PM

How are there so many sliders???

I am sincerely asking this out of genuine curiousity and I'll try to be as "to the point" as possible.

If EA tests and releases the game with a set of sliders set in the mid-range that "presumably" will emulate the NFL (regardless of whether they are trying to appeal to entry level or hardcore Madden players)...

AND, from what I've read and think I understand - the CPU slider set will control everyone on the field BUT the player YOU, as the human, control...
* And please set me straight if I'm wrong...but there really should be only ONE answer, either way, right (as above OR Human sliders control ALL of the players on the Human's team)?

I get the fact that you want to customize the game for your own play style with the "player" sliders to hopefully match whatever experience level you have to that of the CPU, but specifically on the CPU side...

How can we see a range of sliders from quite literally "0" to "100" CPU and everything in between and each of the inventors sincerely believe they have hit upon the sweet spot of a real NFL experience?

Mike32Ownz 08-19-2010 04:10 PM

Re: How are there so many sliders???

Well my sliders along with my gameplan tweaks are pretty close to real football, probably as close as you can get. I am not bragging or trying to promote my sliders I am simply making a statement based on mine and many others opinions. Now we can blame the slider gurus or we can blame EA for releasing an incomplete game, but whoever you decide to blame this is a great game and with the proper slider set true simulation football can be achieved.

Jd_Seven 08-19-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz (Post 2041493475)
Well my sliders along with my gameplan tweaks are pretty close to real football, probably as close as you can get. I am not bragging or trying to promote my sliders I am simply making a statement based on mine and many others opinions. Now we can blame the slider gurus or we can blame EA for releasing an incomplete game, but whoever you decide to blame this is a great game and with the proper slider set true simulation football can be achieved.

I think it all comes down to your madden experience and how you play the game, personally i like 15 min qtrs and to see roughly around 120 plays per game. I find when you have the low slider set its just to easy and very "madden" and almost has a glitchy cheesy feel to it.

I have gone the 100 route for the CPU sliders based on the fact that this relates well to the athletes actual attributes. You will see the guys like Revis stand out on defense, CJ2k stand out on offense and so on. Sets up the realism of the game much more, rather than every player being roughly the same. Each to his own I guess. The animations for some reason feel smoother.

Im out, Safe guys.

Gotmadskillzson 08-19-2010 06:49 PM

1. Everybody plays the game differently and have different skill level. Some like a ton of big plays, some like a handful of big plays.

2. EA releases all their sports games to appeal to the masses, for that easy anybody can pick up and play feel. So by default, no matter what difficulty you play on, it isn't perfect.

Pro on default is too easy.

All madden on default cheats to win.

Sliders are a good thing, an excellent thing. Can never have too many sliider gurus to bounce ideas off each other.