Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do the player and team ratings change online?!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=43771)

SDathlete 07-29-2003 11:56 AM

Do the player and team ratings change online?!!!

I remember reading an article that said team and individual ratings will change in online games to match how well they are doing in the REAL regular season. So if Vick gets injured during a preseason game and is out 8 weeks, you'll still get to use him online but he wont be as fast. Is that true? Or if the Bengals magically become the best team in the NFL it will reflect onto Madden online. I hope its true, I don't wanna play the Falcons 9 out of ever 10 games online.

Brandwin 07-29-2003 11:59 AM

Re: Do the player and team ratings change online?!!!

I Heard every time EA has a roster update you will have to update the rosters to play online..not sure if true or not.

SDathlete 07-29-2003 12:05 PM

I hope its true, the only reason why Madden 2003 online got boring to me was because I never played against the Jags, Panthers, Texans, or any other team. It was either the Rams, eagles, Falcons, or Steelers. I still used the Chargers though no matter what team I was up against.

KymeraGB 07-29-2003 10:16 PM

yeah online is pretty ******** sometimes cause eveyone uses the same 4 teams.
Makes it very boring.....

ODogg 07-30-2003 12:12 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
DookieMowf said:
I Heard every time EA has a roster update you will have to update the rosters to play online..not sure if true or not.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That is in fact true. EA has said this in interviews.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
KymeraGB said:
yeah online is pretty ******** sometimes cause eveyone uses the same 4 teams.
Makes it very boring.....

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's why (IMO anyways) the team ratings are alot closer this year so people won't always pick the same teams cuz they're so superior.