Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Viewing player's hometown in dynasty mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=437736)

3Percenter 08-20-2010 03:27 PM

Viewing player's hometown in dynasty mode

Is there a way to view a player's hometown in dynasty mode? I noticed in pre-game where it highlights a player from each team, their hometown shows up.

Buckeyes_Doc 08-20-2010 03:28 PM

Re: Viewing player's hometown in dynasty mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Percenter (Post 2041497387)
Is there a way to view a player's hometown in dynasty mode? I noticed in pre-game where it highlights a player from each team, their hometown shows up.

That's the only place I've seen it.

It sucks, I always enjoyed looking at the hometown of players during the PS2 days and it's cool to see in actual college football games.

3Percenter 08-20-2010 03:32 PM

I made an Excel spreadsheet for my first recruiting class. It's an easy fix.

jello1717 08-20-2010 04:06 PM

I keep track of this as part of avid, but I'd strongly recommend at least keeping track of this in excel or something for pipeline reasons. On AA recruiting, the majority of my recruits come from pipeline states as it's very difficult (even as Michigan) to recruit in non-pipeline states (particularly if you're recruiting against teams that have that state as a pipeline).

It would really suck to have 5 guys from Texas (which you can see from the recruit maps screen) but not know that 3 of them are SRs (which you can't know without keeping track of this for yourself) and lose your pipeline to Texas because you didn't recruit 2 kids from Texas to maintain it.

Solidice 08-20-2010 04:15 PM

you can for online dynasties. it shows up on the roster section on the Dynasty site.

for offline, I don't think you can unfortunately.

andicesharks 08-20-2010 05:59 PM

no and it is a real downer since it actually matters when it comes to pipelines.

you have to manually keep track of it.

for your 2010 team, they are listed in the default rosters before yo ugo into dynasty. for further years, youll need to note the location of people who signed with you before you go to the next season.

kaptainkracker1 08-20-2010 09:27 PM

I thought you could see it under the edit rosters screen? Not sure though.

prowler 08-21-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaptainkracker1 (Post 2041498580)
I thought you could see it under the edit rosters screen? Not sure though.

Not in dynasty mode roster editor.