Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Help on sliders!!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=438039)

Carolina Dude29 08-22-2010 01:23 AM

Help on sliders!!!!

hey guys, i been playing with several sets such as versuz2, mike32, playmakers, realistic, and default.

i think default all-madden is easy on offense but can be tough on defense.

versuz2 sliders seem a little to easy to me.

mike32 sliders didn't get to play enough, as of right now.
same goes for Pmakers. i do see those are the most viewed and commented on tho.

so i wanted to know what everyone thinks is a tough set, so when im the panthers vs the colts, im most likely going to lose. but still realistic in a certain degree.

because of school and work and everything else going on, i can't get enough time to actually test and see.(gotta focus on school work :y7:)

so thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to comment and share.

Thanks.

Gotmadskillzson 08-22-2010 03:28 AM

Re: Help on sliders!!!!

Depends on your play style......Some slider sets only work if you play with player lock.......meaning you pick a player to control on defense to control before the snap and you don't switch after the snap.

I have learned over the years everybody considers their sliders are the cure all for all that is wrong. Some slider sets come close to fixing some of the problems with the game and then you have others that comes no where close to fixing the problems with the game.

Big problem is that too many people have a different view of what they think is a sim game. Then you have those try to fix it by lowering all the human control sliders crazy low......while others raise the cpu sliders crazy high.

To me......I always use my own sliders. I take some from each which I like from their set and combine it together to meet my needs. That is really what you need to do.

I have yet to come across a set of sliders that I liked everything about them. What ever you do, approach people slider sets with an open clear mind.

DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN PEOPLE'S SLIDER FAME NAME

To me that is the biggest problem. Way too many on here have become slider groupies and automatically think the game is broklen before they even play a full game for themselves or even attempt to fix it for themselves.

I have watched people on here sit for over a week waiting for their Slider Idol to come post their slider set. And then in their eyes if that Slider Idol said it was broken, then it is the truth.

I just shake my head at those people. Because when you become a slider groupie, your own eyes start playing tricks on you. You see stuff that really isn't there, but because your Idol says it is and he has over 5,000 views or what not, then it must be true. Even when you know damn well you don't see it with your own eyes.

So honestly just try some sets out, take some info from each set, use your own head and adjust them to your skill level. That is another thing, people afraid to admit what their true skill level is. It is as though they feel small and tiny if they can't win on so and so slider set skill level.

I am promoting a slider groupie free america. Don't be a groupie.

Carolina Dude29 08-22-2010 09:26 AM

Re: Help on sliders!!!!

alright man, thanks. well its the weekend, so im gonna create my own later.