Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=438216)

srudoff 08-22-2010 08:56 PM

Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit..

The #1 overall recruit, Samuel Pierre, Athlete from Garfield Hts, OH, had me #1 early on. After a few weeks and using my spreadsheet for tracking recruiting, I noticed that even though I spent only 10 minutes on him a few weeks, my lead kept increasing. Eventually he signed with with relative ease. I get to the offseason where I can change his position and it says that he's an 84 at...... fullback -and nothing over 79 at any other position. I guess now I know why no one else was going after him. Funny thing is that when I was looking at his ratings, I couldn't figure out for the life of me where he'd end up. Most times it's very easy to see if a guy is a DB WR or QB.

Oh well, the world needs fullbacks too I guess.

brentech 08-22-2010 09:50 PM

Re: Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit..

That's funny cause with my least season I had recruited an athlete that I thought for sure was a fullback. He had B range break tackle and pass/run blocking, but then also had some throw power.

Turned out he was a QB. I was really bummed because I needed a young FB to groom. :frown:

QuinnMahoney 08-23-2010 02:21 AM

There are two athletes in the top five of my current recruiting class, I think both of them will be fullbacks. They look like they are ok at every position, but are lacking a certain skill to make them great at it. They have good coverage, but bad speed. They have good block shedding, but bad tackling. I thought EA said they don't make 5 star fullbacks anymore....

brentech 08-23-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuinnMahoney (Post 2041506041)
There are two athletes in the top five of my current recruiting class, I think both of them will be fullbacks. They look like they are ok at every position, but are lacking a certain skill to make them great at it. They have good coverage, but bad speed. They have good block shedding, but bad tackling. I thought EA said they don't make 5 star fullbacks anymore....

I think they just said they were drastically lowering the chance that a FB would be a top 150 recruit.

FedExPope 08-23-2010 04:30 PM

I love talented young FBs. The game seems to hate the position, most teams get 1 and half the time they're a senior. I hate recruiting them...as well as kickers and punters.

Ricky Rowe Zay 08-23-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srudoff (Post 2041505112)
The #1 overall recruit, Samuel Pierre, Athlete from Garfield Hts, OH, had me #1 early on. After a few weeks and using my spreadsheet for tracking recruiting, I noticed that even though I spent only 10 minutes on him a few weeks, my lead kept increasing. Eventually he signed with with relative ease. I get to the offseason where I can change his position and it says that he's an 84 at...... fullback -and nothing over 79 at any other position. I guess now I know why no one else was going after him. Funny thing is that when I was looking at his ratings, I couldn't figure out for the life of me where he'd end up. Most times it's very easy to see if a guy is a DB WR or QB.

Oh well, the world needs fullbacks too I guess.

You think thats bad. I had Rutgers and recruited the #1 WR in the country in my 1st year, he was from NJ and I had to battle to get on his list even promising him early playing time.

He came in at 74.:frown:

georgiafan 08-23-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedExPope (Post 2041508021)
I love talented young FBs. The game seems to hate the position, most teams get 1 and half the time they're a senior. I hate recruiting them...as well as kickers and punters.

I hear you on FB's man I had to sign 2 TE's and convert them to FB and then had to move another player over from TE to FB to start for a year.

picktown33 08-23-2010 09:20 PM

I just found out that the 1-star fullback i signed (with a 2-star team) is a 73 ovr! I was surprised to say the least.