Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Wishbone (/forums/showthread.php?t=438281)

Noble Evildoer 08-23-2010 03:02 AM

Wishbone

Are there any playbooks featuring more than the one wishbone set in the multiple playbook? I ran it quite a bit for a game and wanted to know if there was any more.

TXHusker25 08-23-2010 07:46 PM

Re: Wishbone

The only formations Wishbone is in as an official formation is:

Wake Forest (Wishbone Normal)
Utah State (Wishbone Wide)
Multiple (Wishbone Tight)
Option Run (Wishbone Normal, Tight, Wide)

There are a few books that have Wishbone in goal line, but I believe Mississippi State is the only one that has a fully developed Wishbone in its goal line.

Slaticus 08-23-2010 10:07 PM

Husker is correct. Use wake. Trust me.

Dewie12 08-24-2010 12:37 AM

Another playbook post. I hope EA is paying attention.

I use Option RUn playbook but I don't use anything but the I and Wishbone formations. Maybe a flexbone.

Absolutely destroys the game for me. Lack of playbook control.

TN - BRAVES FAN 08-24-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewie12 (Post 2041510085)
Another playbook post. I hope EA is paying attention.

I use Option RUn playbook but I don't use anything but the I and Wishbone formations. Maybe a flexbone.

Absolutely destroys the game for me. Lack of playbook control.

What's bad is when you have a new playbook and it's been working aganist other people, and then you get into a game and it isn't working against the current guy....Well then you're stuck losing a game cause he stops everything you're doing and in the middle of the game you can't go back to your old playbook.

cgrierwv75 08-24-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN (Post 2041510561)
What's bad is when you have a new playbook and it's been working aganist other people, and then you get into a game and it isn't working against the current guy....Well then you're stuck losing a game cause he stops everything you're doing and in the middle of the game you can't go back to your old playbook.

Yeah b/c in real life a team can DITCH their current playbook and go to something completely different.

GUYS, go through the playbooks and find one that fits your style. You have to live and die by your gameplan. Sometimes you lose b/c you play someone that can stop it, that's all there is to it. I think it would be straight up cheese if you could pick and choose anything you want in your playbook. Everyone would have this: Wishbone, Maryland I, a few flexbones, all kinds of 5 wides, a few other shotguns, and everything else mixed in. SOrry, not realistic. No teams can put all those styles together in one playbook. Not enough time in the day... and im looking at it from a coach's perspective.

Cryolemon 08-24-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgrierwv75 (Post 2041510662)
I think it would be straight up cheese if you could pick and choose anything you want in your playbook. Everyone would have this: Wishbone, Maryland I, a few flexbones, all kinds of 5 wides, a few other shotguns, and everything else mixed in. SOrry, not realistic. No teams can put all those styles together in one playbook. Not enough time in the day... and im looking at it from a coach's perspective.

You could probably just about do it with a very versatile team (and two good QBs, one option, one pro style), but yeah, it's pretty much impossible in real life.

BaylorBearBryant 08-24-2010 10:40 AM

I like Utah State's playbook. I started my coaching career/dynasty with them. The wishbone plays they have are sick. They work so well if you call them at the right time.

However, the majority of their playbook is a spread.