Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Muay Thai WIP (/forums/showthread.php?t=438339)

Phobia 08-23-2010 11:40 AM

Muay Thai WIP

Just a little video I came across on youtube. Who ever is the guy behind the animations is wonderful. The animations could be slowed down a little bit. But for a small time indie game. The animation fluidity is impressive.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Oxi--9CrYY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Oxi--9CrYY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

goh 08-23-2010 05:13 PM

Re: Muay Thai WIP

Little fast but otherwise very nice.

Gotmadskillzson 08-23-2010 05:52 PM

OMG........how can an indie person make better animations then a big time company like THQ ? THQ needs to hire these people pronto.

See how the player's body dip when they get kicked in the leg ? in UFC they don't.

See how they check leg kicks ? In UFC they don't.

So if an indie guy can do it, THQ have no execuse for not having those 2 features in their game when got 50 times the budget as this indie guy has.

Phobia 08-23-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2041508379)
OMG........how can an indie person make better animations then a big time company like THQ ? THQ needs to hire these people pronto.

See how the player's body dip when they get kicked in the leg ? in UFC they don't.

See how they check leg kicks ? In UFC they don't.

So if an indie guy can do it, THQ have no execuse for not having those 2 features in their game when got 50 times the budget as this indie guy has.

That is why i wanted to show you guys. I mean it is a budget in house type game being developed by one guy most likely. Yet it is pretty solid for the amount of money and resources

allBthere 08-25-2010 06:37 PM

Poetic posted other vids of this game a while ago in the boxing forum and I was interested immediately.

They have answered very little questions other than they play and test on "an xbox-style controller"

I would buy it immediately (but I love MT anyway).

The only thing that looks really awkward are clinches, I hope they fix those because MT clinches are important. AND they need to adjust the speed of a few animations to make them all realistically relative to each other.

But yeah,... this guy and maybe a few others are making a game that I'd rather play than fn4 which is shameful to the big guys developing w/ so many more resources.

oChaos_Nine 08-27-2010 02:35 PM

At 1:34 when the black guy misses the high kick I'm picturing UFC 2010 style where the lighter skin guy comes back with a high kick and instant KO's the black guy.

giantsharks 07-14-2017 05:31 PM

I know this is really old but just came across this game. The last video update was about a ear ago, anyone know what's going on with this game?

Yaari 07-16-2017 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantsharks (Post 2048902947)
I know this is really old but just came across this game. The last video update was about a ear ago, anyone know what's going on with this game?

I have no idea. They even spoke about a Kickstarter campaign that never actually happened. I'm not sure what to expect anymore.