Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   FIFA Soccer 11 Producer Blog: Career Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=439249)

Ermolli 08-27-2010 02:39 PM

FIFA Soccer 11 Producer Blog: Career Mode

Check out the latest FIFA Soccer 11 Producer blog with Marcel Kuhn, Producer/Designer for offline and online Game Modes.

Quote:

"My name is Marcel Kuhn and I am a Producer/Designer for offline and online Game Modes on FIFA 11. My main focus for FIFA 11 is the all-new Career Mode and I wanted to give you some insight to what this game mode is all about.You’ve probably played Manager Mode and Be A Pro: Seasons in FIFA 10. For FIFA 11, we’ve decided to remove these two Game Modes and create a totally new experience that combines these two Modes into one connected Mode - that Mode is called Career Mode.

As we come closer to the release of FIFA 11 we will be revealing many more details about this game mode, but today I want to focus on some of the basic building blocks of the mode as well as take you on a journey through the first couple of weeks in this year’s Career Mode.

To start off, I created my Virtual Pro and trained him a bit in the arena before taking him with me in the Career Mode.

The first choice I have to make is if I want to start a career as a Player, a Manager or a Player-Manager. Either choice will allow you to play a 15-year long career. To experience a total football career you can start as a player and when the time comes to hang your boots up you can become a Manager. Or you can start as a Manager right away, the choice is yours.

I will go for a Player-Manager Career, as that will allow me to play locked to my Virtual Pro or to control the whole squad. Also I can make the choice to field my Virtual Pro or not as I will be responsible for the line-up of my squad."

Rules 08-27-2010 03:19 PM

Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Producer Blog: Career Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermolli (Post 2041524322)

Awesome read, looking forward to FIFA 11:woot:

iamironman84 08-27-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rules (Post 2041524497)
Awesome read, looking forward to FIFA 11:woot:

Those sentiments are seconded.

goalie 08-27-2010 04:53 PM

continues to sound great...

rooney8 08-27-2010 06:53 PM

OK I am impressed. Well done Fifa team. Some things I noticed but G.Barry was very undervalued and why were you negotiating with Cardiff for Bellamy when he is on loan there. Man City own him. Does that mean if I have a player on loan I can sell him?

bjh909 08-28-2010 07:36 AM

One of the cool bits I noticed was that listing a few clubs acknowledges some leagues in the game.

England, France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands... no surprise.

But Saturn... confirms Russian League, which from last year, we remember was a promise anyway.

bhurst99 08-28-2010 10:08 AM

I wonder if the BeAPro portion of your career will still be limited to four years or if you can be a player-coach for all 15 years?

Ermolli 08-28-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhurst99 (Post 2041526952)
I wonder if the BeAPro portion of your career will still be limited to four years or if you can be a player-coach for all 15 years?

This, it was said somewhere.