Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruiting logic/depth charts (/forums/showthread.php?t=439299)

White Out 08-27-2010 06:50 PM

Recruiting logic/depth charts

So I'm not one to complain much since the patches. We have a great playing football game, and for hte most part a great dynasty mode. However I think there needs to be one more adjustment made to recruiting logic at least. teams are still stacking in one position to ridiciulous length. Example is 2014 and Florida carrying 12 QB's. 12. Really? 12?

really?..

Kingfish 08-27-2010 06:57 PM

Re: Recruiting logic/depth charts

I took over the Razorbacks in season 13 and they were recruiting 6 QB and ALL were ready to sign...they already had 5 QBs NONE were seniors and they had two signed when I found them.

I personally think they have the game engine 85% there. If they tweak it up a little in '12 edition, no major changes we should be fine. That said, they should turn MOST of their attention to revamping the dynasty system. I seriously hope they do listen to us.

Bucknut17 08-27-2010 07:01 PM

in our od that is nearing the end of the 2010 season OU has the top class with their top 3 prized commits being rbs, 3 5* rbs in 1 class, all 3 recieved offers and committed b4 week 11 of the season. i think this logic may be y were seeing 10+ qb/rbs on roster

mcpheje 08-27-2010 07:21 PM

I actually submitted a suggestion to EA regarding the recruiting logic. I think they should just simply force a cap on the number of slots that can be filled for each position. They already have minimums set so all they need to do is add maximums. It doesn't really matter what the number is as long as its reasonable and when you add them all up it shouldn't be more than 80-85 guys. When the team hits the limit they'd just have to drop any other recruits on the board at that position. This would provide dual benefits. It'd keep the CPU from hoarding a crazy number of players at any one position but also would limit them from stacking up on players that just sit on the roster but not on the depth chart or get cut and disappear thereby allowing the other "lesser" teams a better opportunity at better players.

White Out 08-27-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpheje (Post 2041525322)
I actually submitted a suggestion to EA regarding the recruiting logic. I think they should just simply force a cap on the number of slots that can be filled for each position. They already have minimums set so all they need to do is add maximums. It doesn't really matter what the number is as long as its reasonable and when you add them all up it shouldn't be more than 80-85 guys. When the team hits the limit they'd just have to drop any other recruits on the board at that position. This would provide dual benefits. It'd keep the CPU from hoarding a crazy number of players at any one position but also would limit them from stacking up on players that just sit on the roster but not on the depth chart or get cut and disappear thereby allowing the other "lesser" teams a better opportunity at better players.

maybe instead of a cap, have a floating cap. so instead of 5 qb's being max, you have each year worth X # of points. SR is worth 0, JR 1, SO 2, FR 3. You have to have at least 3 qb;s.. and the number must be equal to or lower than 3. this would ensure that teams wont wind up with 5 senior QB's and no freshmen or juniors

mcpheje 08-27-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Out (Post 2041525457)
maybe instead of a cap, have a floating cap. so instead of 5 qb's being max, you have each year worth X # of points. SR is worth 0, JR 1, SO 2, FR 3. You have to have at least 3 qb;s.. and the number must be equal to or lower than 3. this would ensure that teams wont wind up with 5 senior QB's and no freshmen or juniors

That's a good take on it.

Purplepower_NC 08-27-2010 08:52 PM

Can't see how people are just finding this.

mcpheje 08-27-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC (Post 2041525584)
Can't see how people are just finding this.

I think everyone's known at least if they spend any amount of time on these boards. There was some hope that the last patch/tuner set did something to address at least the recruiting but it's now evident it did nothing really to help this issue. As long as this stays a hot topic on the boards, it's more likely to become a higher priority for the Dev team. Even if there's nothing they can/will do this year, this cannot continue into next year's game as is.