Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   How's the commentary in 2kX ??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=43942)

Heelfan71 07-30-2003 11:36 AM

How\'s the commentary in 2kX ???

One thing I hated about Madden last year was the commentary was very boring. How is the Sega??

PDex 07-30-2003 11:38 AM

Re: How\'s the commentary in 2kX ???

It is easily the best in all of the football games.

Graphik 07-30-2003 11:40 AM

10x better. But the overall sound of Segas game makes you barely hear the commentary. Well maybe thats just me. You got NCAA right? You know how sometimes the crowd will drown out the commentary? Thats how it is with 2K3. I know you can fix it, but I always had to ethier sacrifice the crowd to hear the commentary or sacrifice the commentary to hear the crowd. Still 10x better than Maddens tho.

JJisNo1 07-30-2003 11:40 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
PDex said:

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
You know it even won awards for it.

Jabisco 07-30-2003 11:41 AM

You can't coach that!!!

Heelfan71 07-30-2003 11:43 AM

cool, didn't know it was that good. I hope they move the release date up.

**DONOTDELETE** 07-30-2003 11:46 AM

Heelfan71 said:
One thing I hated about Madden last year was the commentary was very boring. How is the Sega??

What? You haven't heard? Man, the commentary in the 2k series is off the hizzle fo' shizzle!

They comment on EVERYTHING. That's because they use voice actors who have no other job, instead of real personalities. They got a guy who is supposed to be a former O-lineman and another guy who does play-by-play.

Say you rip off a long run full of jukes and broken tackles. The next play will occur and the play-by-play guy may come on and say "Peter if I may I'd like to go back to that last run...." And he'll comment on the previous play in addition to the one you just ran!

They use the telestrator and circle the key block or player, and stuff, crack jokes on each other and stuff. Some people have complained that they talk too much! But of course you can turn them off if you want. Doesn't bother me one bit though.

Kodiak33 07-30-2003 12:33 PM

Its cool because you hear new stuff all the time. There are many threads about people still hearing stuff in 2K3 they haven't heard. Fortunately, they've added even more lol